power steering hose

Exekiel69

Reaction score
The one pressure hose that connects to the gear box is leaking fluid (the smaller 1/2 nut), it was not doing it before and I already tried to remove it and reconnect it but it still leaks some :confused: does this hose use an o-ring? Doesn't look like it but maybe I missed something.

Thank You.

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no O-ring or seal, and you can't tighten them very much or they will leak more.

I she is leaking go by a new one $30, follow the instructions and lightly tighten the new one, after it has been replaced you can still move the hose a little back and forth but it won't leak.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a swivel fitting, and the only thing that keeps it from leaking is the tight clearances. Once the fitting wears, it will start leaking suddenly and get progressively worse.

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell me about it, I had got a new pump and was getting ready to change it when I noticed the hose and said that ain't right, new hose and ain't leaked since.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
sounds like your hose was "formed" and worn to your old box and the new one is differant enough to cause it to leak.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
:mad: it was a brand new hose I only used it for about 1 year, problem is I have hydrobooster and is not just any hose.

Thank You guys, I'll see if I can replace it.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
EZ,
If it's a specialty hose, ya might be able to get one made up cheaper at a place that can make em from scratch.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
EZ,
If it's a specialty hose, ya might be able to get one made up cheaper at a place that can make em from scratch.

Ron I will check but I think in MD that is a lost cause, I haven't even seen more than a few truck shops here since I got My truck let alone someone to make the hose for Me.

Anyone in MD know of a shop that would do this?

Thank You.

SKimballC

Reaction score
EZ, try a place that makes hoses, like a Parker store. I talked to the Parker store here once about making some custom hoses for a project and they said they could make anything I needed.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
EZ, try a place that makes hoses, like a Parker store. I talked to the Parker store here once about making some custom hoses for a project and they said they could make anything I needed.

Excellent!!! there is a store close by (never would have guessed) and I just have t take the hose and maybe they can fix it or just make a new one for Me.

Thank YOU.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ez-
drop by any parts house that knows their **** and tell them you have a 1990 Ford F450 and you need the pressure hose from the hydro to the gear;Sweet You shouldn't have to pay more than $45 for the hose assy.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
i used A/C o-rings on my gear box to PS hoses! it works great!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I thought that too, but if it shouldn't need one then I rather redo that hose. Now I remember seeing one with an o-ring but it must have been another one.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Colliflower guy said he could not do it and Napa said they don't have the hose, now that is new, He said that the pictures He have are not the same as My hose (I had it with Me) so I had to come bad home empty handed and I needed the truck so I put an o-ring between the nut and the pipe and plenty of dope on both and tighten it again and so far it haven't leaked (will check after the rain), I really didn't want to do that but I had no choice at the time maybe I get the hose from some other place but I thought Napa should have it.

Thank You all.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Well, it is still leaking. Towcat do You have a part # for that hose? Napa guy can't find it but maybe with a part # I can get it.

Thank You.