Postman Santa Came (pyrometer)

haligen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love it when the postman brings new shiny things. I ordered a pyrometer setup from Auber Instruments last week and it showed up today. I decided to take a few pics as I went through the process of putting it in. All and all I'm really pleased with the gauge and not so pleased with my lack of attention to detail when I cut the panel for installation. The gauge comes packaged with a type k coupler that uses a threaded bung and compression nut. I drill the manifold between the 6 and 8 cylinders with an 11/32 bit then tapped it with a 1/8 -27 NPT tap. While digging around for a way to get the coupler wire inside the cab I found it was just easier to use a snake through a preexisting grommet and pull the wire back into the cab. For gauge power I used a key on hot wire from the wait to start plug harness and use the brake controller ground. Now onto the I'm a retard part. When I planned the gauge location I didn't take into account the bracing behind it. When I went to get it all buttoned up the gauge wouldn't slide in. Doh :mad: I then tried to trim some of the bracing to no avail. So now I either need to try and adjust this panel or hunt a replacement and start again.

You must be registered for see images

http://www.swampfoxpc.com/truck/vid.MOV

ManicMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never seen a digital one (well on our trucks), that's pretty damn sweet!

haligen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gauge is awsome and can be reconfigured to measure all kinds of sensors. Plus it has programable alarm setting that can activate a relay and trip a buzzer.

pt_Ranger_v8

Reaction score
Since I didn't pay close enough attention when I was looking at home before work, specs on the sensor?

My brother's looking at picking up an ISSPRO multi-sensor display. Said it'll run him about $700, but it can sense/display about 13 different things.

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if i wanted too i could have Pyro, transmission temp, and water temp all just feed into the magic black box and then just flip through the displays to see them all?

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately in can only measure one thing at a time but it can be set to measure boost, egt, air/fuel, and water/oil temp.
http://www.auberins.com/index.php?m..._id=19&zenid=29603d1b6a108dd4909d194fce26fe78

I read through that and I'm a little confused. Do they mean i can use that one black box to measure one thing like boost, temp, egt. Or can i run 3 different inputs to the black box at once and then just flip through them on the display to see which ever one i want. I'm really debating picking one of these up for me.

haligen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The way I am reading it is that it can function a variety of ways but only one way at a time. Could just give em a call and ask.

haligen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the egt is was only 4 wires. Power ground and then the two wires from the probe.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online