Overdrive questions

7.3shrk

I am gearing up to install my U.S. Gear Dual range to the truck. This came off a junkyard f-250 which had a C-6 and was 2wd. I got the module and wiring. I am mounting this to my F-250 with a ZF. I am gouni to make a mount and hang it on the back of my transfer case. I am stumped and confused by the wiring. I am curious - does any body have experience with these, or with this transition between automatic and stick? Do I need a new module, or can I make this one work? It looks like I am working with an older one since there is no plug on the motor. The internet has been useless. Please help me or I am just going to sell this to raise money for a turbo!

Thank you,

Nick

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Why wouldnt you want to put it in between the tranny and transfer case? I mean overdrive in 4wheel drive, come on thats awsome LOL. You could always sell it to me for a decent price :D

7.3shrk

I would love to put it between the tranny and transfer case, but it will be easier to make one adapter this way, besides, I would need to change the housings to make it work the other way.

7.3shrk

Naaahhhh, this is the one I got from Pick Your Part - $650 for the other one was out of my league!

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
just contact US gear they were very helpful with answering my questions and willing to sell me whatever I needed to complete my install. I just haven't had the time to do it

7.3shrk

I called them but the guy did not seem like he wanted to get too involved, since I was putting in a used one and he seemed to be fast in getting me off of the phone.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
hmmm they were real helpful to me even told me the one I had had been converted to a chevy input ford out then back to ford to ford again

sassyrel

Reaction score
id call em again--see if can tell if the voice on other end of line is same. with any luck, youll get someone diff----