One way to have an injector stick open

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
From the dog catchers garage mayhem. Working on an engine install for our resident IDI hound, I discovered #6 injector sticking open after 5 minutes of purging fuel and coolant system of air. 5 minutes of run time and the engine still had a severe stumble at idle but smoothed out at 1500 rpms, the symptom. Wasn't air in the lines but the injector body was found to be so hot it's burn your finger. Had to call it quits till tonight and got the injector pulled to find this!:eek::puke:
Yup, the copper washer was balled up sandwiched in its current state as the phot shows. Luckily the seat appears to be in good shape considering.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
From the looks of it, when the injector was installed, the copper washer got cocked sideways then wrenched down tight.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Don't give up the gay job Ron... How do you get these beastys. You seem to be the crap magnet for lost cause idi engines... Wierd looking mess done by a person that should never been able to use a tool..

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
anybody who would have went there, it would be Corey! :D

And I wouldn't expect any less from him either! LOL

Gary, I can't take all the credit for this one since Darrin found this one. It definitely is getting some much needed tlc.

gandalf

Reaction score
Don't give up the gay job Ron.....

Please, Gary. PLEASE tell me that is a typo. What with Ron wearing purple gloves, and Corey going the ***** route, I just hardly know what to say. :rolleyes:

Ron, that injector looks just plain ugly. I can understand why it might have problems.;p

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ken... Nope Not a typo eror at all. Just kicken Ron when hes on the way down... Ron, I kinda figured Darrin had something to do with this engine.. It just seemed like it was from him... With the look of that nozzle tip you probably should recut the seat in the head. PM me if you need that tool.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one that started venting hot gas back through the body of the injector and melted a hole through the return line tee. :eek: Had a wee bit of a stumble but ran well aside from the stinky smell and smoke. Made it something like 800 miles with it doing that to get back home too. The injector came out in bits!.

Thinking back it's a bit of a wonder it didn't light anything on fire......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron