One more e4od thread...

sassyrel

Reaction score
It works now, it dosnt shift as hard as I thought it would, the drilled holes are right down the middle of the of the recomended sizes, but its a solid shift at any rate. The torque converter isnt locking up, I'm guessing the crappy plug on the harness might be the culprit.

DANG!! your having wayyyyy toooo much fun!!!:rotflmao aint nothing more irratating,,than a trans malfunction!!.clean the pins with contact cleaner,,in both of the plugs. that may help it,,but then again, you may have to replace the plug end..

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
It works now, it dosnt shift as hard as I thought it would, the drilled holes are right down the middle of the of the recomended sizes, but its a solid shift at any rate. The torque converter isnt locking up, I'm guessing the crappy plug on the harness might be the culprit.

Check the plug first. There are a few things that will prevent lock up.

As for the shifts. You can enlarge the holes a little more. Another option is to change the the modulator valve. Sonnax .427" valve will firm and speed up the shifts.:D Most people rebuild the E4OD use the stock valve wich is smaller. 3 something". I can't remember the size.

rthomas

Reaction score
Pulled the short harness and checked continuity and all have less than .1 resistance. The icing on the cake is that something is wrong with my obd2 port so I cant read the codes-cuss and now the OD light starts flashing after a little while and eventualy it goes into limp mode:puke: If this thing has to come out again something else (NOT E4OD) is going in.

rthomas

Reaction score
The no lockup on the torque converter was from a problem with the pump, I knew my old pump worked well so I just used it, I hope this nightmare is over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online