non diesel: 1994 Ford Ranger 4x4

offroadohio

Reaction score
This truck shows 251K on the odometer. I dont have the slightest clue if the engine or transmission is original. I was told the engine was swapped out and has only 80k. imo both the engine and tranny work to good to have the milege the truck shows. When I got the truck last week I drove it from Cleveland to Ohio at 80mph the whole way, and with the exception of the engine getting hot once and running way warm the rest of the way, it ran GREAT. I brought it home and pulled the radiator to find a piece of cardboard infront of it. I washed the radiator out and installed a new thermostat. I have driven it around the backroads and it hasnt gotten hot since I did this.

Currently this truck needs a lower right balljoint, and driverside wheel bearings, brake work and an ignition switch( currently its on a toggle). Turn signals dont work and the wipers only have one setting which is hi. I believe the multifunction switch is bad. I'm heading to a junkyard this weekend to get a replacment. I called autozone for prices on everything else and it looks to be around $200 worth of parts this thing needs. I will be replacing all 4 balljoints, and wheel bearings, along with the ignition and brakes over the course of the next couple weeks.

The body appears rust free, the underside lip of the hood has some scale on it, and there is some scaling at the right rear corner of the bed, near a dent. Both rocker panels have are pushed up, the right side of the bed is dented at the back lower corner and front lower corner. There is a dent on the passanger frotn fender, and the fender is pulled away at the bottom.

The tires currently on it are completely bald 31" swampers, I am picking up a set of 32" procomp a/t's here shortly with about 40% tread left, they will be mounted,balanced, and installed before you pick it up.

You must be registered for see images attach

there are more photos of the body, and a video of the engine running located here.
http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff62/offroadohio/For Sale/

I'll be up front and honest, I traded my fiance's tracker for this. I had between 2000-3000 dollars wrapped up in the tracker with all I had done to it. I knew I could never sell the tracker for that, and I am trying to rack up the money for a trip to Moab Utah for our honeymoon. So I traded this truck with all intentions of selling it, as it is worth more outright than the tracker would have been. I would like to get $2000 OBO from this ranger if I fix the above mentioned stuff.(ball jotins, ignition, tires, etc) I would take $1500 for it as it sits. I am not accepting trades at this time.
Located in Roseville Ohio 43777

Last edited:

offroadohio

Reaction score
Swapped a set of 31-10.50-15 Michillens on there. Even with the bad left side wheel bearings and the bad lower right ball joint this truck drives SMOOTH now.

In its current condition I will take $1200

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online