No start ( Hot )

jfinch

jfinch
Reaction score
so if you were following my other thread this goes along with it. I have replaced the damn IAT, GPR, EBP, cleaned the EBP tube, and replaced the fuel pump. When its cold, as in cold engine, it starts. but after getting it to normal operational temp it will not start, it might for a second but will cut out immediately. What else could be this hot no start deal?

jfinch

jfinch
Reaction score
well i talked to ford service manager and they will be taking it back in an thurs to re-diagnose it for free! hopefully they get it right this time

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was A LOT of discussion about the IPR in your previous thread in posts 13 thru 20 sumthing..............

jfinch

jfinch
Reaction score
ya, i checked the IPR already. and for 300+ for a new one I will not change it out on a hunch that the o-rings are bad because they looked very good. I did get my truck back from Ford today not because it was done but because they cant figure it out and I feel that they are just grabbing at straws with this situation. Now they say I have an in-line chip plugged in somewhere in the wheel well and to get to it they will have to charge 1.5hrs labor. They say it has a bad connection with the computer or something like that. I dont know. I did drive it home from the ford joint and it drove perfectly, but I shut her down and tried to restart and same deal it tries to start for just a second than flat on its ass dies. damn thing is going on 3 months broke down now hope it aint too much longer.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
well i guess you could try an ole IDI trick and the next time it won't start hot pour water on the IPR to cool it off and see if it will start then

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are the kinds of problems that I'd fear the most with these things. Is there no scientific way to decide what the problem is without just throwing parts at it? Can't the output of the IPR be monitored? Electrical signals to the injectors? There must be some way to KNOW what is wrong. This kind of crap would **** me off to the nth degree. :backoff

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do what my fellow OB said "put down the wrench and do some research" did you disconnect any wires?
is there fuel?
are you getting compression?

ask some simple question and you might find your problem....

it sounds like your pump is going out that's just what I hear from other people when they describe similar instances....

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are the kinds of problems that I'd fear the most with these things. Is there no scientific way to decide what the problem is without just throwing parts at it? Can't the output of the IPR be monitored? Electrical signals to the injectors? There must be some way to KNOW what is wrong. This kind of crap would **** me off to the nth degree. :backoff
Yes, with the proper scan tool you can monitor the duty cycle on all the monitored points on the engine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeshmoe72

Members online