No running light FYI

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So like many people I ran into the problem of my running lights being gone last week. I checked the fuses and everything was OK. I happened to have a new switch so I pulled the dash trim apart to swap it out and give it a try. Low and behold my plug was melted. Well I had one of those too, so I swapped it out, I noticed that someone had spliced two of the plug wires together up the line about 3 inches or so. I thought that was interesting and plugged the headlight switch in to test it out. well after a minute or so of holding the wires and moving the switch in and out I noticed I had a hot spot coming from the splice. so I detached that because it was no bueno and began looking into why the smaller wire was spliced into the larger one. turns out the smaller wire was the one for the running lights. With the splice gone and me moving the harness around I would get intermittent running lights which pointed to a loose connection somewhere. I checked the harness, my plug pins etc to try and find where the loose connection was. Well for anyone else who is trying to track this down. check the wires going into the back of the fuse block. This was the problem with mine, not the switch, yes the plug was melted, but it was because of a splice mixed with a loose wire short to the fuse block. Everything is now functioning properly with no splices and tight wire connections/pins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat