No Crank

dmj291

Reaction score
So went out to start the truck this afternoon after getting home from work.... It fired right up, ran it for about 10-15 minutes or so. About an hour later, went out to start it again... nothing. No crank. My WTS light comes on, all accessories etc come on. I checked to see if the crank would spin freely with a breaker bar.... no problem there. Also arced across the starter solenoid and it did crank. Ideas where to look next or what it might be?

Also note: in the past week i've replaced the fuel filter, glow plugs, redid the glowplug wiring from the relay to each plugs. After doing that its been running great.

dmj291

Reaction score
Not sure... just bought the truck a month ago & have always used the clutch when starting. How do you go about checking?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right above throttle pedal is where the clutch MC pushrod comes through firwall.

BTW how well does clutch actuation work?

There will be a large black plastic switch mechanism pushrod passes through then connects to a small arm with an eye and plastic bushing.

If there is a small wire harness connected to the switch thats the clutch interlock that prevents starting without pedal depressed. If wire harness is unplugged then a bypass wire has likely been used to bridge that harness and may have come out.

Try pressing down hard whill pulling up towards you on steering wheel and try again to start.

This interlock and worn clutch rod bushings are an issue.

dmj291

Reaction score
Thanks! So, I was able to bypass the clutch safety switch. So went to fire the truck up & started right up.... I let it run for maybe 10 minutes, shut it down & tried to fire it up again just to confirm everything was good. No Start/No Crank! I let it sit & threw on the battery tender for a couple hours. Went to start it & it fired right up & has successfully started maybe 4-5 consecutive times. I'll continue to monitor it, but any thoughts as to why it would not crank after bypassing the clutch safety switch? Makes me hesitant to take it anywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online

No members online now.