Nice article on the DB2 injection pump

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good writeup. Now who wants to tear one of these things down and rebuild it in the garage? The right way to do it is like Mel's guy does with the expensive calibration tools but a lot of the guys with Government Motors engines are too cheap to do all that. There's one guy here Dieseldummy who is by no means a dummy and has done some of his own calibration work on a 6.2 DB2 pump. I'm sorely tempted to play with this old 6.9 core I have, to swap a DB4 head on it, but I worry the chances of me getting everything right probably mean money and time flushed down the toilet we shall see.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
i had actually saw it before and thought about posting it, but i got side tracked (which isnt hard to do lol) and its a pretty good article

13fcolt

former professional
Reaction score
i've been poking around for an unwanted ip to dig into just for the sake of learning and understanding. i'm just that type that needs hands on to fully grasp it. if i can do a few mock up rebuilds on a junk pump i'll either gain the interest and invest in the proper tools or i'll gain the understanding that it is a task best left to others, something i can not stand. terminal DIY'er i guess.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We took one apart at the Chattanooga IDI Weekend back in 06'. It does satisfy a lot of curiousity, but all of us were overcome by the feeling that we really would not want to have to get that pump back together and working right again!

You must be registered for see images

That article was good. The usual errors that seem to creep into every article I've ever seen about the IDI were still present.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Yeah I'll leave them things up to the guys who know how to.

I had the chance to go to a DB2 "C" school for the seabees in Gulfport 3 years ago, but couldn't afford the 90 days off of work to do it.-cuss

My junior mechanic went and said that they were stripping them things down and doing full rebuilds.:mad: