Newer style IH hood

Landmark

1989 DT466 Crew Cab
Reaction score
Hello,
Just found this forum, looks like I'll be here often as I have a lot of mods I want to do to my truck!
I have a 1989 International S1900 Crew Cab and was wondering if it were easy to change the hood to the newer style hood like on the 4700? I like the look so much better!
Thanks

MUDDY

Reaction score
welcome to oilburners, landmark. awesome looking toter rig :Thumbs Up

Landmark

1989 DT466 Crew Cab
Reaction score
Thanks MUDDY,
I really like the truck as it is, I'll be hauling over the road and in town with it almost full time soon and I want to make it a little more user friendly.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Landmark, welcome to OB. Where are you in ND?

Landmark

1989 DT466 Crew Cab
Reaction score
95 Stroker,
Thanks for the welcome. I live near Rugby ND. The geographical center of North America. Right about this time of year I wish I were somewhere far south of here!

jvencius

Reaction score
Landmark said:
95 Stroker,
Thanks for the welcome. I live near Rugby ND. The geographical center of North America. Right about this time of year I wish I were somewhere far south of here!

hehehehe--I used to live in Minot for ~3 years and I don't miss the November-March weather AT ALL. The town was just fine, but the climate wasn't much fun for 1/2 of the year.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Landmark said:
95 Stroker,
My folks live just a hair south of you.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Landmark said:
Hello,
Just found this forum, looks like I'll be here often as I have a lot of mods I want to do to my truck!
I have a 1989 International S1900 Crew Cab and was wondering if it were easy to change the hood to the newer style hood like on the 4700? I like the look so much better!
Thanks
bringing it back on topic........(95choker/homer has ben hanging out in the basement too much, he learned how to put threads into the weeds there cookoo ) yes the 4700 nose will graft onto your s-series cab. 4300 cabs are redesigned to the point where it is too difficult to graft a 4300 nose onto a 4700. In order for the lines to look smoother, the cab fender extentions should be changed out too. keep in mind, you will need to do the radiator support too. All the ones I have done was a "close encounters" repair where the bumper and rad support had to be changed out too :eek:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
towcat said:
blah blah blah blah........(95choker/homer has ben hanging out in the basement too much, he learned how to put threads into the weeds there cookoo ) blah blah blah blah........

T'werent my fault Cal, I've been corrupted by the vagrants in the basement.

I used to be ---------------> :angel:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
T'werent my fault Cal, I've been corrupted by the vagrants in the basement....
At least we're known for that.... :D ;Sweet
beats the heck of getting credit for your eletrical wiring skills :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
towcat said:
At least we're known for that.... :D ;Sweet
beats the heck of getting credit for your eletrical wiring skills :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao
Yeah......... we, uh, know the electrical skills that are alive in the basement dont we. :rotflmao

Back on topic here guys.... jeeze.

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
The newer ones sure look better! Gonna have to do it and post up some pictures. Still at the stock hp level?

Landmark

1989 DT466 Crew Cab
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the comments.
nevrenufhp, I don't know what the horsepower is, but that is one of the first issues I am planning on focusing on! I have turned it up a little myself from some info I found online, very simple and effective! the engine has about 15,000 miles on it and it pulls like a son of a gun. I have been very happy with it in the 10,000 miles I have had it. Of course I want more power so any suggestions would be welcome!
Thanks

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
Landmark said:
Thanks everyone for the comments.
nevrenufhp, I don't know what the horsepower is, but that is one of the first issues I am planning on focusing on! I have turned it up a little myself from some info I found online, very simple and effective! the engine has about 15,000 miles on it and it pulls like a son of a gun. I have been very happy with it in the 10,000 miles I have had it. Of course I want more power so any suggestions would be welcome!
Thanks
You sure that site you found wasn't the one in my sig? It gets a bunch of hits..too bad I dont get a kick back from advertisers!
Your stock hp level should be on the valve cover...most 466's were 210 or 230hp. To keep the exhaust clean(less black cloud), you'll need a better turbo. There's probably some better suggestions from the pro's at Hypermax and Scheids, they have a package that's up to 600hp for daily driven trucks. I'd personally go with extrude honed injectors, a turbo, and a 3k gov spring kit to have about 400-450hp. Dont forget gauges, mainly the pyro.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online