new truck

buckchaser91

Reaction score
well i have been looking for a new truck for awhile now and can not seem to find one. what i want is a dodge cummins 2500 anywhere from a 1999-2005 crew cab with the manual tannny in. that is the hard part finding one with a manual. i have seen a few on the inter everytime i call they are sold. so my question is i have seen so many automatics but never wanted one because of how they will not handle the power and i know nothing about trannys and how to build them up and it seems like it would cost alot to have one built and the down time on the truck. so should i stick with the looking for the manual or are the autos not as bad as i think

redneck pride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My atuo just went out of my 00 1-ton but it was kinda my own fault (note to self dont do reverse burn outs!) but other than that its been alright if you dnt plan on going huge hp you'll be fine, but before you buy make sure you test drive it and make sure it doesnt slip, sticks are nice and they hold up better but your still looking at upgrading a clutch wich aint to cheap either and also requires down time, and watch those 6 speeds they can give you trouble, had one and I lost 1st and 6th gear in it just driven it normal. if you do buy an auto and juice up the power plan on ivesting in a torque converter right away.

buckchaser91

Reaction score
yeah thats what i am worryed about with an auto my dad has an 01 and it went out and it is bone stock and only had 60,000. and as of adding power i dont have one now but nothing would be done right away untill its paid off. and would take time. if i ever find one. i think i am just going to take my time and find a manual.

redneck pride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just watch those six speeds try to find a five speed (NV4500) they hold up alot better and dont forget about that clutch if you start bumping up the power, it wont take long she'll be slipping like mad! auto's arent bad if they are taken care of though.