New to The Forums

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
hey all I'm new i live in florida and I only own one diesel (I know sad)..anyways when i got it it had and still does have a problem with hard start as well as a ton of white smoke.I haven't done much as of yet other than new rebuild injectors all the way around and bought a new FF.....I KNOW the waterseperator return is a big leaker and I'd like to do the clear hose mod but what hose do i use?I know it'll be the webbed nylon stuff but no particulars?Also I'm gonna go ahead and replace the front and rear fuel sending units....does anyone have a PN for this or have a link to where I can find one or both?By the way it's an 89 F-250 as seen in my sig.Let me know if my sig pic is too big and I'll ditch it......Thanks for the help ahead of time and I'll post whatever other questions I have later.Thanks

JR

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
hmm where in fl?
i see palm trees.... I live on the GA border, If you were closer I'd say ride it up here and we'll unbreakify it.

if your worried about air via water seperator, there is a nifty Fuel filter with water sensor, water drain built in. The two peice filter that was stock kinda sucks. Even tho it's on my truck, I can't remember the part number...

white smoke after changing the injectors still?
and as far as fuel tank issues, I just use rubber hose and a brass T on the end as a fuel pickup.

testing for air is alot easier with a handheld vacuum pump.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
The filter Deeproots is talking about is a Baldwin filter: BF1222 SP
Hopefully thats helpful. The sending units is a Ford only item. Are they broke completely or is the pickup tube broken? If its just the pickup tubes just put a rubber fuel line on the end with a v on the end.

Good Luck
Thad

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
nah the fuel gauges don't work at all it's a possibility it's a ground so i may just clean the contacts real good...figures it's a ford only part..Nazis....Thanks for the PN Dakota....I'd love to go to Georgia but i don't think my 150 could pull that much weight heh heh....the fact that the truck is sluggish until it builds higher in rpms worries me...hopefully I'll have the bed pulled and the tanks cleaned out by tuesday......Might even have a twin sticked NP205 thrown in it too seeing as how the 1356 took a crap on me.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I just moved from orlando and had the same deal with my sending units. Dont bother getting them from ford or an autoparts store, waaayyy toooo damn much.

Go to U-Pull and pay. they are all over down there, find one and go to every ford truck you can find and check the tank, if the sender is in it, pull it (one 1/4 bolt and two plastic tabs, just cut the yellow wire and solder it in to your sender assembly). they are like a buck or two apiece, just make sure the that the white board has all the contacts intact and it should be good, the one in orlando should have more by now, I cleaned them out about 3 months ago. LOL.

good luck,
let me know if you cant find any, I may have a couple in the garage and I will ship em to you.

Welcome to your new addiction. LOL

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
well i know for a fact my local yard doesn't have any...there's another yard that's a possibility but he thinks everything he's got is gold .....

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
i know the yard guys around here.
i'm busy as hell when I'm home, but pm me a shopping list.
i know a few excellent ford pullin places.

dakota, thanks for the baldwin number.... i might order them through work.
i actually use a wix/napa filter same function tho.

drew

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
If the napa one is the one with a plastics drain vavle on the bottom then that's what on there.....Deep Roots, what's ur 20?I gotta think about this stuff and I'll drop ya a line..thanks for the offer....

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
yeah, man, thats what I got.
whats your 20? man, I'm too old to understand jive....
if that means where do I live, Douglas Georgia, just north of Valdosta.
like 50 miles norte fl border.
i'm only here 4 months a year.... rest of the time I'm digging ditches in harbors all over the east coast.

drew

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Alright got an update...pulled the bed off early last weekn next day pulled the senders out......the rear doesn't work cause it's full of fuel...go figure...the front sender had the remnants of the factory pickup tube crammed and jammed all up in it.....shoved a piece of stiff but flexible wire up in and got it all out...also replaced the lack of pickups with fuel line as well.After that started her up...still white smokin it...pull the fuel line from front tank pickup to line distributor valve and blew it out with compressed air...no crap in it....unhooked the remainder on the line from distributor valve to mechanical fual pump and blew it out with compressed air for a minimum of 3 minutes...the only thing that came out was fuel...that's as far as I've gotten so far other than pulling the bottom part from the F/W separator and finding some crap in the bottom...haven't had time to touch it again yet...also through a floorless flatbed on it and got a list of materials that I'll need/want for it lights flooring material crossbrace material etc etc.However, tuesday i should have all the lines put back together and test it again after I swap the filter out......if that doesn't go it.....after I put fresh fuel into both tanks because the rear isn't completely diesel i think there may be gas in there...then I'll start looking for IPs.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! The guys on here are great and I'm proud to be a member. Justin (Punk Mechanic) just drove over here tonight to help me on my new addition to my family.

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just found a float full of fuel in my front tank also. The auto parts store had a replacement for just the float. $8,95. Not bad to get it working again. I think your white smoke is likely steam. Do you have a head gasket leaking?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online