New to me IDI

Blackascoal

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on my first diesel. 1994 F350 IDI Turbo, auto, crewcab dually. 144k. Super clean. With the exception of a small oil leak around fuel pump this truck needs nothing...I mean nothing. I've already learned tons surfing the site and really appreciate the wealth of knowledge some of the members have.

You must be registered for see images attach

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice truck! I used to live just south of you in Thousand Oaks. Welcome to Oil Burners! :D

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
super clean!
welcome to the site.
but it looks and sounds like you need a fuel pump gasket, and a front 4x axle swap ;)
its a shame I lost my crew cab long bed dually in a unfortunate stripping accident.

awesome score tho, what did you pay for it?

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I knew where that was directed you SOB! :D Nah I forgave ya......mostly.:D

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
been smoking like a freight train, could be the reason im derailing everyone's isht.
don't worry man, that cab is finally about to get cut up...
for a bronco!

Blackascoal

Reaction score
Nice truck! I used to live just south of you in Thousand Oaks. Welcome to Oil Burners! :D
Thanks! I just had Hector over at Tarangos Diesel in Santa Paula install some gauges and a pyro for me and take care of the oil leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackascoal

Reaction score
super clean!
welcome to the site.
but it looks and sounds like you need a fuel pump gasket, and a front 4x axle swap ;)
its a shame I lost my crew cab long bed dually in a unfortunate stripping accident.

awesome score tho, what did you pay for it?
Thanks. I paid 6K for it. Probably to much anywhere but Southern California. Even at that price there were two guys behind me ready to buy it. Everything is more out here. It was never a work truck. Interior is an 8 out 10. In the last 10 to 20k it's had new tires, injection pump, injectors, glow plugs and a reman tranny. Got my fingers crossed on that tranny. According to the guy at Racer X, if it's made it to 20k then I should be good. It does have a cooler and Derale deep pan. Also has a Banks 3" exhaust and K and N intake.

4 x 4 axle, naw, I'd like to go the other way a drop this thing with one of those kits from DJM:).

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't hate on that.. I went the linear way.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I paid 6K for it. Probably to much anywhere but Southern California. Even at that price there were two guys behind me ready to buy it. Everything is more out here. It was never a work truck. Interior is an 8 out 10. In the last 10 to 20k it's had new tires, injection pump, injectors, glow plugs and a reman tranny. Got my fingers crossed on that tranny. According to the guy at Racer X, if it's made it to 20k then I should be good. It does have a cooler and Derale deep pan. Also has a Banks 3" exhaust and K and N intake.

4 x 4 axle, naw, I'd like to go the other way a drop this thing with one of those kits from DJM:).

You can sleep good.The reman E4OD is at least half the cost you payed for the whole truck and that truck is like new.99.99999% of all IDI truck owners will never see (my trucks included) our trucks back to that level of condition ever again.The few who have,have spent far more than just 3k to achieve it.;)