New to 6.9's and Diesel's

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some snooping around and this seems to be the place to be if you have an older diesel. Looking forward to tapping into the resources here.

Have had a number of older V-8 work trucks and vans but this is my first diesel. Always liked the older stuff so I could work on it and so that is why I went with this 1984 F250 with a 6.9 IDI and Banks Turbo. Bought from original owner and it has 200k on it...He seemed to take pretty good care of it with regular maintenance and oil changes. I know there is going to be good days and bad but I'm a glutton for punishment.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Go ahead and put your truck's info into your sig, it saves lots of repeat questions. The folks here are about the best collective information source about these truck you will find.

What are your plans for your new to you beast?

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Can30diesel, I will.

Plan on giving the inside of the cab some TLC at first then after putting a few miles on it I will figure out what the motor needs. Runs pretty good now so fingers crossed.

'95 Ford E150 is my DD and the F250 will be used for a trailer that hauls cars and other crap to big to go in the van.

Last edited:

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I think you will be happy with the turbo'ed 6.9. Its a workhorse of a motor thats easy to work on and had few failure points.

stealth13777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats man! Looks great! I bought a similar one and before I even got to the interior I am rebuilding; but that's because the guy before me didnt take care of it. Such awesome trucks and great power with the turbo, enjoy!

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Nice looking truck. That is my favourite Ford truck body style. The C6 isn't going to help your mileage, but you'll appreciate it when you are towing someone home with a broken E4OD. :)

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Stealth and BB. Took a cruise through the foothills west of Denver last night and was very happy with the throttle response and how quite the truck is even with a rusted out muffler...Going to do a muffler delete for now and see how I like it.

Turn signals are acting up though and it's not the fuse or flasher relay...maybe something in the column???

stealth13777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't personally know the weak spots on the blinkers, but column is where I would think to look next, after just visually checking the wires. Continuity test would probably be easy enough to isolate where the fault is.

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Messed around for about an hour looking for bad connections etc and bam...something must have felt good to her and they started working. For how long? who knows...maybe her way of letting me know who's in charge here.