new owner, just saying hello

85oilburner

Reaction score
new to the ford scene, I own a 12v and a 6.5 so i figured i should throw a ford in the mix lol, picked up an 85 crewcab dually with a 4spd and a 6.9 w/ 57k miles and im pretty sure the IP is the only problem. 6 brand new tires and no bed, it was a straight up trade for a spare 327ci SBC i had layin in the garage. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. Im not lookin for a powerhouse or anything, i just really like CC duallys and at that price i couldnt pass the old girl up. I'll probably be around asking questions and putting input in wherever im knowledgable. Thanks in advance guys.

Nathan from west Texas

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Welcome ;Sweet

I used to have a 12v and a 6.5 (along with a few others) but I finally settled for the IDI. If you're after a good, cheap reliable truck that will work hard its tough to beat the IDI's. Hope you enjoy it :D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. There are members on here 24 7 365 just waiting to answer any questions and get you running again. I feel we have more knowledge than any Ford Dealer or their mechanics. These are a mostly forgotten engine we have. Simple to reapir and run forever too... Really enexpensive to maintain. Most every internal part of these 6.9 and 7.3 idi motors are the same part and interchange between these motors.... Kinda neet...:sly

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Don't feel shy and write any questions or ask about anything related to your truck or engine; the people who know in this place are very patient with us, the ones that don't know much. You will never fill ashamed or be treated badly. This is like a family, we care for each other and our trucks.

Burt, a Florida *******.

85oilburner

Reaction score
thanks for the warm welcome guys, i'll most likely be here pretty often with questions whenever i have time to start turning wrenches. The whole workin 2 jobs thing is kickin my hind end at the moment but im really itchin to get goin on the ole girl. Thanks again

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Out of curiosity how do you like your 6.5TD? Mine was a rocket compared to my IDI but it needed more attention than my wife LOL (crap did I type that out loud?! :shocked:)

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
As said, welcome aboard! I see we are starting to get a few members here in this area of Texas. Maybe soon we can have a Texas OB mini meet.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from a fellow 1st gen Dodger, what's up with the shortbed on the Dodge in your avatar? Are you going to shorten it?
Travis..

85oilburner

Reaction score
Rot Box: first off i love her, but shes like a clingy girlfriend, just always needs attention lol. in the last thousand miles ives had to replace water pump (which was a pain in the a**), the starter, the PMD, and both batteries, but shes gets me to and from work faithfully most of the time. Power wise im happy with it, and mpg wise im flat out thrilled with it.

Crashnzuk: it was originally a reg cab long bed but i actually stretched the frame to do a crew cab shortbed conversion, ive got the crew cab sittin in the front yard waiting for me to take it to the shop (i do classic automotive body and paint) and fix a couple spots before i go any farther

Fordsandguns: i'd def. be up for that, do we have alot of people on here from out in our neck of the woods? yall might have to give me some time to get the 6.9 goin, or dont harass me too much if i have to bring the ole 6.5td lol

i know theres a fancy way to add your guys's qoutes on here for me to respond but i havent figured out that far yet so just give me some time lol