New mirrors

Matt0608

Reaction score
So I’m looking at new mirrors for my truck, I’ve been doing more towing lately and recently picked up a truck camper so the old power mirrors won’t cut it. I want to go with the tow mirrors, I’ve seen them called goose neck mirrors too, had them on an old ‘84 f350 dump truck at my old job and loved them. So I just wanted to know if there is any good affordable aftermarket mirrors out there in that style, or if anyone knows of a place I can pick up some oem ones. I’m in no rush to get the mirrors mostly due to the fact that I’m not sure if I’m gonna keep the truck camper yet, it’s a bit of a project. Just for reference my trucks a 93 and I’ll add a picture of it and I think I have one of that old dump truck I used to drive with the mirrors I’m looking for. If you can help thanks I really appreciate it!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have done the swap you want to do. By all means try to hold out and get some factory mirrors from a junk yard. I tried a pair of aftermarket gooseneck style mirrors and they whistled like crazy, even at low speed--get the actual Ford mirrors. When you remove the small car-style mirrors there is a large square hole that the gooseneck mirror bracket will just barely cover and for weather tightness ought to be sealed in some way. The mirrors I found at a junk yard had a black rubber backer that went between the mirror bracket and door so be sure to have those. Also, to mount them like the factory did you should buy some "Rivet nuts" or "cross nuts". The rivet nuts will allow you to create a threaded connection point in the thin sheet metal on the doors.

All in all I really like the gooseneck mirrors for their form and function.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726