1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New member with new to me Ambulance 7.3 IDI

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Gr8ful, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Gr8ful

Gr8ful Registered User

Just bought a '93 Harton amulance on a Ford E-350 with a 7.3 IDI that looks a couple years old, no joke. 88k miles all the markings are removed, runs like new, no rust, everything works, I love it! I pan on using it for a small motorhome to escape the winters. It was from a small fire dept in an affluent suburb. Drove it 200 miles home on cruise @ 70 to 75 & everything did as it should, no blow by, not much smoke, more power than I thought. Small fire depts usually maintain their equipment well. I knew nothing about an IDI as I have another truck with a 5.9 Cummins 12 valve the last month made. I called Horton & got the 55 pg build sheets so I know where the wirering & everthing goes. The build quality on these are great & all new tires & batteries this year. I can't believe I got it for $2k in the condition it's in. It has a control panel that tells the temp, rpm, amps charging & voltage. Heat, air & dimable lights i the rear & seat belts for 2 in the front & 4 in the back & I'll have to take storage out, that's a switch. Anyway I'm exited. Thanks for all the info I've found here! I always change all the fluids, filters, belts & hoses on any vehicle I plan to keep & will do the return fuel lines also. Thanks again!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    mu2bdriver and chillman88 like this.
  2. chillman88

chillman88 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you got a STEAL. I'm sure i'm not the only one who is jealous!

3. My1500DollarTruck

My1500DollarTruck Registered User

Welcome

4. DaveBen

DaveBen Supporting Member Supporting Member

Welcome to Oil Burners!

5. Jason1377

Jason1377 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Welcome to oildburners

6. saburai

saburai Full Access Member

Welcome to the best place for the IDI! When you can post up some pictures of the new truck.

7. mu2bdriver

mu2bdriver Full Access Member

Good grief...what a steal! That's great! Another 'please post some pictures' request.