New Member From Nebraska

Hans13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been hanging around in the shadows for a while now and thought, "Ah, what the hell, I'll say hi."
I have a red 1994 F250 factory turbo idi ZF5 ECLB 4X4 with 4.10s that I'm extremely proud of. In fact, everybody knows her name is Cherry and calls it that whenever they are talking about my truck LOL
Modifications to this truck are as follows: straight pipe, pyrometer, fuel screw turned up, torque screw turned up
Haven't messed with the wastegate because I don't have my boost gauge installed yet.

I'm nearly nineteen. I have bought both of my trucks and everything that has went onto or into them. I am not part of the yuppie diesel racing crowd that rolls coal all of the time. I used to be but a nearly fatal accident almost a year ago in my '04 F250 6.0 Powerstroke made me wise up about the possibilities of being an idiot on four wheels. cookoo Cherry is slow as hell, and I like it that way :D

Anyways, I know most of the big names on here just from reading the forums a lot but I don't know everyone.

Hans13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome.
What all welding do you do?

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Last job was millwright work on grain elevators. Job before that was as a farmhand for my father before I moved out. Both jobs were stick welding. Working for my father was mostly 6013, 6011, and 7014 on a Forney 235 AC buzzbox. Millwright work was 7018 and 5P. The millwright job was almost an everyday experience and involved the occasional MIG thrown in (mostly fluxcore.) Also have done a lot of torch cutting and welding and plasma cutting. A little bit of bronzing thrown into the mix. I've done minimal amounts of TIG. I've actually done more air arc cutting than TIG. If you don't know what that is, you're in for a treat! ;Really

The millwright I worked under had a 500 ampere Lincoln Electric welder run by a 4bt Cummins engine. Crank that baby all the way up and you can make a standard 1/8th inch 6010 rod look like a piece of cooked spaghetti! :sly

I'm also currently enrolled at SCC in Lincoln, NE to be a welder.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Nice. I actually just graduated a program.
Wish they would've taught some O/A welding. Done a little in high school, but not enough to actually remember it.
Air arc is definitely different. So loud. Lol
We ran 6010, 7018, and a little 7024. Tig on carbon, stainless, and aluminum. Mig and fcaw. Played with a sub arc, and some pulse mig aluminum.

Hans13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. I actually just graduated a program.
Wish they would've taught some O/A welding. Done a little in high school, but not enough to actually remember it.
Air arc is definitely different. So loud. Lol
We ran 6010, 7018, and a little 7024. Tig on carbon, stainless, and aluminum. Mig and fcaw. Played with a sub arc, and some pulse mig aluminum.

It's more of a passion than anything to me. The thing that sucks is that I bought myself a brand-spankin'-new Hobart 235 AC 130 DC stick welder and I couldn't bring it up to college with me because the apartment garages don't have a 220 plug. I checked :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online

No members online now.