New from oz

Far Right

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I’m from Australia n been reading on here heaps now for a bit n I’m ready to start running my NA 6.5 Chevy in my GU Nissan patrol Ute on wmo mixed with gas, Ive got an unlimited supply of wmo, plenty of storage room, centrifuge, and mixing tank, the 6.5 has a mec db2 pump, I believe I have a good understanding of what I need to be doing but it’s obvious too me you guys have been doing this for a long time in the states n seriously no one here has heard of doing this n they think I’m mad, pffft I say too them, so I’m here to ask if I’m on the right track, my plan is too settle oil for 2 months. Pump the good oil off the top. Heat and centrifuge, filter, mix with 20% gas and then run my Ute on this as if it was normal diesel,
Looking for all feed back good and bad as a lesson learnt here is cheaper than a mistake in the Ute, cheers

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I'd don't know your engine exactly but your WMO plan sounds perfect. I have heard something about the Chevy diesels having some type of sensor that light passes through or something and if it picks up something opaque it'll shut down. I don't know what engine that is or what it's called, but check into that.

WMO won't work in right hand drive vehicles either, so you're going to have to import one of our big "Yank tanks"..........I'm kidding, there's a couple Aussies on here,
@Patrol is one and @Kiwif150 they both do WMO.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. The 6.5 uses the same injection system as the international IDIs as you mentioned. Theres a good group of folks here that are running wmo through the db2 that can help you.

Far Right

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah cool thanks guys, lots of people here run bio diesel to the point wvo is almost impossible too get so I bought this Ute a few yes ago to run wmo, it has the db2 pump not the ds4 (optical sensor) so should be good to go there.
So is all this online heating (on fuel lines before pumps) purely for running straight wmo without cutting its viscosity, as said before I’ve read the **** out of everything I can find on this forum but I don’t understand the need for the on truck heating of the oil if it’s cut, I live in North Queensland so as far as cold weather goes I’m lucky if I ever have to put on a long shirt let alone long pants, it’s usually so hot here I don’t even wear shoes

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, heated fuel lines is for cooler climates or WVO. At 80/20 you should be more than fine, I wouldn't do more than 20% gas. If you could rig up a 2 tank system so you could shut down on diesel, you could probably run on a heavier oil mix 90/10. If you're engine isn't happy about starting on 80/20, don't go any farther with gas use diesel. I tell everyone that WMO is a learning curve, be prepared to sit on side of the road until you figure out what your truck will eat. An extra inline fuel filter is a good idea, even with your centerfuging. @Mt_Man and @u2slow will chime in and give their advice since I just referenced them.

Far Right

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheers mate. The Nissan patrol does have 2 tanks but they are a funny set up that feeds from sub on start up I believe. N then to run the sub fuel it pumps it all too the primary tank, bit of a **** set up but that’s how they are, n yeah was def going to run extra fuel filter with water separator, diesel over here is $2.50L as opposed to gas at $1.70L so it’s insane expensive, I want to try minimise any use of pump fuel so was seriously hoping for a gas/wmo mix that’ll be fine for start up shut down and driving,

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheers mate. The Nissan patrol does have 2 tanks but they are a funny set up that feeds from sub on start up I believe. N then to run the sub fuel it pumps it all too the primary tank, bit of a **** set up but that’s how they are, n yeah was def going to run extra fuel filter with water separator, diesel over here is $2.50L as opposed to gas at $1.70L so it’s insane expensive, I want to try minimise any use of pump fuel so was seriously hoping for a gas/wmo mix that’ll be fine for start up shut down and driving,
You've definitely did your homework! You're set, mate!

Far Right

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could probably put a small stank that intersect at the extra fuel filter for start up n shut down on straight diesel if you guys think it’s a necessary thing, it’d be as simple as turn one tap to diesel tank before shut down n let it idol through till she’s all clean diesel in the glass (obviously a little longer to get through pump n injectors, n then it’s already in that position for start up, I always idol the old girl for 5-10 before driving letting it get too temp so it’s be just a case of switching the tap to wmo before driving, flicking back to diesel again before shut down, but it sure would be nice not too need to do any mods too the Ute,

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just see how it goes. My I put 10 gallons of diesel in my truck 3 months ago and there's still plenty for shutting down. But with your climate you might be fine.

Far Right

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok cool so it’s just a start up thing on cold cylinders, motor does have glow plugs, but yeah I’m not trying to reinvent the wheel or pretend to know everything/anything if it’s advised to shut down on straight diesel then that’s how I’ll attack the situation from the start,

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok cool so it’s just a start up thing on cold cylinders, motor does have glow plugs, but yeah I’m not trying to reinvent the wheel or pretend to know everything/anything if it’s advised to shut down on straight diesel then that’s how I’ll attack the situation from the start,
I'm sure you're fine, especially since you're doing 80/20 and your climate is hot.

Patrol

Reaction score
Hi guys, I’m from Australia n been reading on here heaps now for a bit n I’m ready to start running my NA 6.5 Chevy in my GU Nissan patrol Ute on wmo mixed with gas, Ive got an unlimited supply of wmo, plenty of storage room, centrifuge, and mixing tank, the 6.5 has a mec db2 pump, I believe I have a good understanding of what I need to be doing but it’s obvious too me you guys have been doing this for a long time in the states n seriously no one here has heard of doing this n they think I’m mad, pffft I say too them, so I’m here to ask if I’m on the right track, my plan is too settle oil for 2 months. Pump the good oil off the top. Heat and centrifuge, filter, mix with 20% gas and then run my Ute on this as if it was normal diesel,
Looking for all feed back good and bad as a lesson learnt here is cheaper than a mistake in the Ute, cheers
Hey mate, I've just started this journey my self, just done a 200km give or take test run on 50%diesel and 50% my waste oil mix, running in my 1kz powered land cruiser. Like you , heaps on ney sayers out there. From what I've read, you want to start and stop on diesel to ease start up and clean injectors, as they foul up. Im going to set up a twin tank setup but just wanted to proof the concept first, and first impressions are good, only a little hazy on idle and a puff on take off after idling for a few mins. Power seems the same, maby down a tad but not worth noting

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey mate, I've just started this journey my self, just done a 200km give or take test run on 50%diesel and 50% my waste oil mix, running in my 1kz powered land cruiser. Like you , heaps on ney sayers out there. From what I've read, you want to start and stop on diesel to ease start up and clean injectors, as they foul up. Im going to set up a twin tank setup but just wanted to proof the concept first, and first impressions are good, only a little hazy on idle and a puff on take off after idling for a few mins. Power seems the same, maby down a tad but not worth noting
Glad it's going good, @Patrol ! Nay sayers are heaps in the states too.......... just means more for us! Hahahahaha!

Far Right

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah, the more they hate it the more oil left for us. I’m guna test in Ute first then a big generator for my dehydrator. I make beef jerky for a living n power is a killer ey, I got 14kw solar n them panels can’t touch that dehydrator even on a sunny day. Black diesel genset should sort it, and cheers for the info guys, ok well it’s not a big drama setting myself up to start/shut down on diesel, I guess I’ll look into that while my oil is settling,

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah, the more they hate it the more oil left for us. I’m guna test in Ute first then a big generator for my dehydrator. I make beef jerky for a living n power is a killer ey, I got 14kw solar n them panels can’t touch that dehydrator even on a sunny day. Black diesel genset should sort it, and cheers for the info guys, ok well it’s not a big drama setting myself up to start/shut down on diesel, I guess I’ll look into that while my oil is settling,
What kinda generator? I kinda got some day dreams about that type of thing myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.