New engine- smoke issue please help

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK wow.Now your making me curious as to what would happen if I toss a bull moose onto log truck and ditch the maxed out N/A IP (log truck is already intercooled too)
Not sure about the bull moose; i haven't seen any good dyno curves that I can recall.
I do like the top-end of the rd2-110 - it has extra fill ports machined into the rotor so it doesn't lose fueling near peak torque/hp at 2800rpm. It's definitely overkill, but a smoke puff limiter can get it into shape.
.I knew there was a lot of added grunt,but I didn't know the oem maxed out at 200 ponies.I hate hanging out here.You guys are ******* the wallet.:D
Remember, 200 at the wheels, so like 260 at the crank. With one in good shape, possibly as much as 220. Currently though I've seen 190 and 200 for a maxed stock pump on the local dyno.
Wait.Your not running an intercooler? Man,I dunno if I would try that (least not at 15-18k combined gross) myself but ok.I bet your the only driver? :D
No intercooler here, and I've towed quite a bit. Just recently hauled a bobcat 825 on my dad's dual-axle trailer, thinking 14-16k gross?

olBlue

Reaction score
I hauled a john deere tractor on a dual-axle trailer last week and going up a incline my truck smoked pretty good if i was in overdrive. egt got up to 7 or 800deg But soon after it backed down right away. One mistake is i have the pyro in the downpipe so i add 200deg. to what the gauge says. Im thinking of doing a intercooler or **** injection just to keep those temps down but idk yet. i really would like to turn up the boost a bit with all the fuel but I would need the bigger ATS housing..almost impossible to find.So maybe **** injection would be a good option?

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can always put a bigger/better turbo on it; for ford/ats, check with Typ4. He's the guy to talk to with regards to parts.

As for smoking under load, you can also add a hypermax smoke puff limiter. Adjusted right, it'll pull fueling back to what you actually need based on boost. It takes some drive-adjust-drive-adjust to get it down, but it's not that big of a deal.

olBlue

Reaction score
I'm going to try finding a ATS housing. If i end up not finding anything i may be pulling mine off and making it bigger

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to try finding a ATS housing. If i end up not finding anything i may be pulling mine off and making it bigger
R and d makes a bolt on housing with v band flange and sells the 3 inch downpipe to complete it, it's like 210 plus like 100ish for the downpipe I belive. It is also on my list of upgrades, I also got my factory turbo with typ4 upgrades

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86