Never saw this OTC tool before

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
From the description:

This is an OTC diesel rough idle harness. It is used with a multi-meter to locate weak engine cylinders. It can be used on any diesel engine that has external glow plugs. This was a prize for completing a years worth of mechanic training tests back when I was a field mechanic at a Ford Tractor Dealer. The box got beat up through the years but I never used it on the heavy equipment I worked on. The main use for it I-H diesels in Ford and I-H trucks. It is a neat vintage OTC tool"

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Mmm, would be a nice addition to my rare idi tool box. Would come in handy for pinpointing a stubborn injector. Price isn't bad either.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was some guy on the TDC that was doing a test similar to what this tester will do to show how to tune up a diesel. The thread went on and on for months, but nothing ever came of it. About the only thing this would do is show you that you might have a bad injector. Checking all GP's for hot resistance at the same time might show the injection is unbalanced, but what ya gonna do about it, take each injector out, pop test, pop test, pop test for the next ~ ~ ~.......

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nope.. Never seen such a tool nor have any real idea how it works. I'm kind of thinking it for the electronic injecters but its an odd tool. Just not sure how it tells us a cylinder is weak and why.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online

No members online now.