Need To Transport A 6.9 Engine From Oregon To Cedar Rapids, Iowa

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I have a guy wanting to buy the 6.9 engine out of my parts truck, but he's in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Is there anyone near Oregon or Idaho that can transport the engine to someone further east and so on. I can haul the engine into Idaho and bring my cherry picker to swap it into the next persons truck or trailer. I'm going to call UPS and FedEx tomorrow as well as another shipping company, but I think the cost of shipping a 800+ lb engine is going to be spendy. If he buys the engine, he has already agreed to pay some extra for fuel costs to the party/parties involved to try to make this an option. Thanks.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
I can't help transport, but will tell you that the cheapest way to send it (outside of a relay of volunteers- bless their hearts) is by truck. Strap it in a pallet and the trucking company will drop it most anywhere. Not cheap in dollars, but far less expensive than fedex or ups.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
So far, the cheapest I've found is $410. I posted it on a site where companies "bid" on the shipping and I choose the company.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac