Need to sell my truck to an IDI enthusiast!

Jaybee

Reaction score
Ok guys, I'm tired of seeing the idi just sit at my shop. This is the '91 F250 with the E350 disc brake dually rear and ZF 6 speed. I have only driven it occasionally in the last year since I got the crew cab PSD. Ironically the PSD has more than twice the mileage on it, but with the expansion of the family that crew cab is important now! I had never planned on getting rid of the IDI, but now it needs to go to another IDI guy that would appreciate it for what it is rather than beat it up using it as a construction truck.

As mentioned above this is the truck that I did the E4OD to ZF 6 speed swap on. At the same time I swapped in a rear axle from an E350 to give me dual rear wheels and disc brakes. All of this occurred at about 100,000 miles and I think that was about 18,000 miles ago. When I did the swap I had to change out the speedometer to the electronic style in the '92 up models.

I had installed a hypermax turbo kit at about 80,000 miles along with a PSD intercooler and my own piping. With the intercooler and the 1.0 A/R turbine housing the truck makes a peak of about 13lbs of boost on a hard pull and a max EGT of around 1150. It pulls extremely strong!

The truck has one big issue right now. One valve guide has decided to go south. It started out as a chuffing noise out the exhaust that kept getting louder on a long trip. At the end of that trip I was worried about it and pretty much stopped driving it - and not long after got the PSD. I recently pulled the valve cover on the driver's side since that was where the noise was coming from and sure enough the exhaust valve on the front cylinder is loose in the guide. I don't have the time to tear into it and fix it right now while running a fairly new business and with a 23 month old and 3 month old at home! So, I'm going to sell it as it is and take a big hit on it's value. It currently still runs great and could be driven away, but I consider that valve a ticking time bomb and wouldn't drive it before fixing it.

There are current pics at http://tubularfab.com/f250/ Hopefully an IDI enthusiast on here wants an interesting project truck!

Jason

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I've never done head work before, what's involved in replacing a valve guide. A new truck is currently out of the range of practicality for me this year, but i ask this question because i have a valve-guide going out on my car.

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice looking truck. Im thinking of doing a 5 speed ( or a 4 speed) conversion on my 85 and ditch that damn C6.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the head is the first thing. Usually new valve guides, keepers, seals all the way around. I'd do both sides...7.3s like to swallow valves unfortunately.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jaybee, it will be a shame to see you get rid of it. You're still the king of the 6 speed conversion. Many have asked, but none have followed in your footsteps. Sell it to Tanya and BJ! :) - Mel

Jaybee

Reaction score
Yeah - I hate to get rid of it, but I'm not using it and it's only going to go downhill if I do nothing with it. I hadn't thought of Tanya and BJ - are they still on the forums?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are normally pretty active, but I haven't seen them for a few weeks. Must be the holidays. Try a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online