Need Starter Bolts!!

J_For_JUstin

Reaction score
If anyone has a set of the 3 starter bolts for a 7.3 idit please let me know, I have given up trying to find mine. :idiot: I haven't been able to find any new bolts that come with a shank like the factory ones do unless there is a place I can buy them.

Va_Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity what is the difference between the IDIT starter bolts and a non turbo? I probably have a set of the non turbo bolts.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I don't think that there's any difference between the bolts for a N/A and Turbo starter. They actually look a lot like the ones used for (older) gas engines too. Say from the 70's and 80's. 302, 351, 460. I haven't ever compared them , but if you have access to an old gasser, it may be worth the look.

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the bolts are 3/8 by 16 thread pattern with a 9/16 head and the ones i have are an 1-1/4 long, that was the longest i could find that has threading going all the way up at ace hardware. i bought new starter bolts for my truck yesterday so the numbers are fresh in my head i also got new lock washers too

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the bolts are 3/8 by 16 thread pattern with a 9/16 head and the ones i have are an 1-1/4 long, that was the longest i could find that has threading going all the way up at ace hardware. i bought new starter bolts for my truck yesterday so the numbers are fresh in my head i also got new lock washers too
Factory ones have a 1/2 head on them, and some of the older gas engines used the same style.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Is there a reason not to just buy some grade 8 bolts?
The only one that I can think of off the top of my head is that the slightly larger 9/16" socket may not fit in the tight space for the top bolt as easily as a 1/2" one will. That's a "maybe". It's been a long time since I've messed with anything other than the OEM bolts here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online