Need Some Advice on First Mods

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Scott,

I've been to Dale Isley's shop (Tymar Performance) a couple of times, and he's a good guy. The Tymar intake is so simple and very effective. Nine inch Donaldson filter for a Cummins Hercules engine.. it's huge and no special airbox to install. Some SDs need a different driver's side battery tray. He also has full turbo back exhaust in whatever you want. Check with him. He ships so much out of his shop it's amazing. He lives in Spokane, WA just over the border from me here in Idaho.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
I always thought that the stock '97 Federal (49 states w/ black engine) had single shots and the '97 California (blue engine) has spilt shots? :confused:

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Ryan from Bean's & Dale are the only two names I've heard on here, so they must be the guys to go to. I think the IDI will be gone before christmas, so that should give me the mod money I need & pay for the kiddies tuition for next year. Had a bunch of people crawling over it today. One guy even drove it to a job site he's working to hook a trailer & drag a skid loader around. Might be strictly a PSD guy...with cash in hand for the mods very shortly.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bean will set you up nice!!!!great guy to buy from and great guy to chat with if he has time to chat with ya.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
bean will set you up nice!!!!great guy to buy from and great guy to chat with if he has time to chat with ya.

I think he should be paying you advertising!

Sorta on the same topic, a buddy of mine gave me an older programmer he had (for the 94-2002 7.3) made by Superchips. Nothing fancy, just saves stock settings & you answer a few question then upload. I got no gauges yet & some bad injectors, but holy crap! It's like a different truck! The failing injector are much more noticable but it runs MUCH better than stock. I CAN NOT wait to do it right & see what I got. I'll pull out what I uploaded after the weekend so I don't worsen the injector problem but curiousity got the best of me..... & it was FREE.

Last edited:

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
In Diesel Builder, Spring 2006, there was a write up on programmers. They compared Hypertech, Edge and Superchips. Most if not all the programmers except Hypertech raised the EGTs to where the programmer had to defuel to protect the motor. The Hypertech proved to be much more effective for towing because the fuel delivery was constant with no excessive EGT. They installed all of these programmers in all three brands ('02 Cummins, '04 DMax and '03 PSD)and road tested all of them at the different settings unloaded and loaded with two different weighted trailers. The road test was over varying terrain with grades, etc. Whenever I can get a SD I'm thinking real serious about the Hypertech programmer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online