NEED HELP

tjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

My oil cooler is leaking and I need to replace the o-rings and gaskets. It is on 84 6.9 I called the ford dealer here and he said they cant get the o-rings
so I called the International dealer and he said it was showing a couple of different sets and could only get certain ones. I was wondering if anyone out there had a set they would sell or if someone was able to purchase them in their town and ship them to me I would pay you to do that for me.

Thanks TJ

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Call Ken at Titus-Will Ford. If they are available, he'll get them for you. You might have to tear it apart to see what set it uses...the early ones used a 6 ring set IIRC and the later a 4 ring set but that's going by memory, which often leaks worse than your oil cooler!

Ken has looked for things for me, even going out and measuring them. I'm sure they are not the only good Fords Parts place, but they beat the hell out of any around me!

tjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I figured, but the town I live in that is what kind of customer service you get. whenever you need a part usually you have to go online or travel to albuquerque. When I called the International dealer he treated me bad and acted like he didnt have time to deal with it. Even if someone knows of a website or something where I could order them.

tjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call Ken at Titus-Will Ford. If they are available, he'll get them for you. You might have to tear it apart to see what set it uses...the early ones used a 6 ring set IIRC and the later a 4 ring set but that's going by memory, which often leaks worse than your oil cooler!

Ken has looked for things for me, even going out and measuring them. I'm sure they are not the only good Fords Parts place, but they beat the hell out of any around me!

thanks I went on their site and put my info in so now just wait for them to email me back.

tjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score

leftcoastjeff

Frankentruck lover
Reaction score
Not sure, but I think so, somebody else may know better.

I've got the part # from the Ford invoice right here,
1C3Z*6K649*BA "thick oring"
1C3Z*6C610*BA " thinner oring"
E3TZ*6A636*G "gasket"
E3TZ*6A636*H "gasket"

Total $44.29
Not too bad

LCjeff

OBTW, NO sealant between the headers, gasket and the block, so I've been advised!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The 6.9 early is the onlt differance in o-rings. They used a 6 ring setup thats obselete now from what I have heard. The 7.3 is the same as the 6.9... At one time there was a differance if the actual cooler bundle too... There was a not turbo and a turbo bundle... Now all thats offered is the turbo bundle. All it has is more fins per inch count and thats a good thing...

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

My oil cooler is leaking and I need to replace the o-rings and gaskets. It is on 84 6.9 I called the ford dealer here and he said they cant get the o-rings
so I called the International dealer and he said it was showing a couple of different sets and could only get certain ones. I was wondering if anyone out there had a set they would sell or if someone was able to purchase them in their town and ship them to me I would pay you to do that for me.

Thanks TJ

If you can get me the exact part numbers of the o-rings you need, I"ll check here in Albuquerque at Bob Turner Ford. I get a 20% discount on all parts since all my company trucks are serviced by them. I have employees that work for me that go up to Farmington once a week or once every other week, so if your not in a big hurry to get them, I could probably get them to you that way.

leftcoastjeff

Frankentruck lover
Reaction score
E3TZ*6A636*G "gasket"
E3TZ*6A636*H "gasket"

Total $44.29
Not too bad

LCjeff

OBTW, NO sealant between the headers, gasket and the block, so I've been advised!

and magically, it's here, I like $8.00 off, ;Sweet

Yup, the Ford parts guy said that the 6 oring is obsolete.

LCjeff

tjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can get me the exact part numbers of the o-rings you need, I"ll check here in Albuquerque at Bob Turner Ford. I get a 20% discount on all parts since all my company trucks are serviced by them. I have employees that work for me that go up to Farmington once a week or once every other week, so if your not in a big hurry to get them, I could probably get them to you that way.

I would really appreciate that, I guess you could copy down the #s that leftcoastjeff has and if you want pm me and i will give you my cell # and you can call when you go in and I can give them my credit card over phone or when your guy comes up I can give him cash whatever you want, just let me know and no i am not in hurry the truck is not currently a daily driver. and when your guy comes up I will make arrangements to meet where it is convenient for him. Thank you :hail

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
Not sure, but I think so, somebody else may know better.

E3TZ*6A636*G "gasket"
E3TZ*6A636*H "gasket"

Total $44.29
Not too bad

LCjeff

Ok............ So the part numbers listed above are the parts you need correct ?? If so, I'll check on Monday and get you a price. Then if you want, I'll order them for you. PM me your cell number so I can contact you once I get the info on the parts.

tjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok............ So the part numbers listed above are the parts you need correct ?? If so, I'll check on Monday and get you a price. Then if you want, I'll order them for you. PM me your cell number so I can contact you once I get the info on the parts.

Ya I will make some calls on Monday to make sure those part #s will work on mine, or if I can find out today and then I will pm you my cell thanks

tjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sorry it took so long to get back with you I have been trying to find out it those part #s are good for my truck, so far it looks like they will the only thing I need to know is if mine is the 6 o-ring set up if I will be able to use the same cooler with the 4 ring set or if I need to change the cooler, so I think I am going to try and find that out and this Sat. I am going to take those part #s into the ford dealer here and see if they can order them, I think that they were seeing the inner o-rings as being obsolete and said they cant get them but if I show them these other #s maybe I can get something done and if I run into a problem I will get with you and see if you can order them there in Alb. thanks for your help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brb5

Members online