Need Help please!!!!

Fordman84

Fordman84
Reaction score
I have a 95 F-250 that i just recently bought and the damn thing dont want to run.:mad: Glow plugs are working fine, cranks with no problem. We can get it started on either, you have to hold it at about 1500 rpms for a minute or two, then when you let it idle it runs so rough it shakes the truck violently like the timing is way off. as soon as you hit 1000 rpms it smoothes right out. But when you try to rev it up fast it takes awhile to catch up if you know what i mean. But if you rev it slow it will go right up. Im really stumped. I hope its not the IDM because a new one is $914:bs from ford, and i only paid $500 for the truck. had it hooked to a scanner and it doesnt come up with any codes. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the valve cover harness.

Fordman84

Fordman84
Reaction score
There is some smoke. Not a whole lot, Just some puffs here and there. Id have to say mostly white.:dunno

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
symptoms of injector harness under valve cover. Pull the 4 plugs that go under the valve cover one at a time and check for any signs of oil or burning. This is a VERY common problem on powerstrokes.
Ken

yoslick

Reaction score
could also be a failing CPS or fuel pump issue, whats the fuel filter and level in the bowl look like after it quits? Oil level on the dip stick ok? last oil change?

Reaction score
I accidently unplugged the harness connector on one side working on the truck one time and it ran just like you are describing

Any body ever have the high pressure pump go bad on one of these, I mean with out the pump driving the injectors properly its gonna run funny.

I only say this because i just replaced the sensor and the connector for the high pressure sensor ,due to my truck running poorly, turns out there was a recall on the connector

charliee22

Reaction score
I am picking up a 96 this weekend the guy said it was doing the same thing and his brother who is a diesel mechanic put it on a computer and got two codes that showed the injectors were not getting enough oil pressure so they came to conclussion that it was either the IPR or HPOP so i am putting both on just to be sure it makes more since to do it this way all at one time i think.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check your UVCH first, by unplugging one then the other, like said above. Might save you some bucs. Warm the motor a little first.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Plug the block heater in over night and see if it will start.....If it does and it runs ok I would replace the UVCH and VC gaskets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online