Need help finding a muffler

Trex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need a new muffler on the old girl, cant find one to fit her. I have the banks sidewinder turbo and must be the exhaust system with it. Tried napa and another muffler shop,cant seem to come up with one that is like the old one. Do i have to buy this muffler from banks? Want to try and keep it pretty much the way it is without peicing a bunch of stuff togeather,but also dont want to spend a small fortune. How many of you are running without a muffler? Is it very loud without? :dunno

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think it is a shame to put a muffler behind a turbo. If you can run without it, DO give it a try. It is NOT that loud. If you must quiet it down, try a Flowmaster or Magnaflow streight through design.

txquigly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By ALL means, try ditching the muffler ... I haven't run one in years, in fact, the first thing when I get anything with a turbo on it is can the muffler ... even my mercedes! But, if you have to, then the above advise is quite affordable and not too much of a restriction.

Quigly

gatorman21218

Reaction score
I run a straight pipe and its not too bad if you can keep your foot out of it. With the A/C rolled up its not bad at all even hammering it. Outside the truck its a different story. But with a turbo I think you can go straight piped

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
I have a 3" system from the muffler to the tail pipe I'll sell ya, Not sure of the brand though, the piping is all stainless and the muffler is steel (kinda rusty). Had it on my truck when I bought it along with the brand new stock muffler, tailpipe, and all the hangers in the bed. I got tired of the truck geing too quiet for me (thats the young Teen coming out, hehe) and put my side pipe on

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I wish my 3" straight pipe had more bark. There is a loud reverberance downshifting, otherwise way quiet in my opinion. This is with a 4" tip.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
just go to a big truck supply and get a straight through big truck muffler. Freer flow, decent noise control and a whole lot cheaper than all those fancy brand mufflers
A flowmaster is the most expensive hundred dollar chunk of wrapped around straight pipe I've ever seen. Cut one open some time , the innards are a real crack up. No baffling whatsoever. all it is is a straight pipe that cuts the impulses with a couple of V shaped inner pieces

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online