Need Help finding a FREIGHT SHIPPER

THECACKLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the off topic thread, but I need help finding a reputable Trucking Company to do a long haul for me.
If I recall correctly, somebody recently posted a couple of contacts for just the same. I searched and searched but I cannot find that post.
I need to get a 40' shipping container, load all my stuff in it, have it dragged up on a tilt bed and get it shipped to my land 1500 miles away.
Can anybody steer me in the right direction?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you're currently living near the world's largest container ports and there isn't any brokers willing to take on your container? gimme a couple of days...

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the off topic thread, but I need help finding a reputable Trucking Company to do a long haul for me.
If I recall correctly, somebody recently posted a couple of contacts for just the same. I searched and searched but I cannot find that post.
I need to get a 40' shipping container, load all my stuff in it, have it dragged up on a tilt bed and get it shipped to my land 1500 miles away.
Can anybody steer me in the right direction?

Are you wanting to buy the container and keep it once it has arrived at the destination ??

Why a container; why not a regular trailer ??

The whole trip is overland, right ??

The Amish/Mennonites around here are all the time loading or unloading regular trailers belonging to various independents that are either moving them in or out of the area.

Your cheapest/best option is to buy/own a trailer that is somewhat roadworthy; it don't have to be a new one; I see old antiques running up and down the road all the time.

This way, you are not pressured to meet anyone else's schedule at either end.

You can take your time getting loaded; call a truck to deliver the trailer; and, then, unload it at your convenience.

Unless you have proper handling equipment, containers are not so user friendly as trailers; plus, containers are a bunch heavier than a trailer; therefore, you cannot put nearly as much payload in a container.

Ships and the rail-road can load a container as heavy as they wish, but those hauled over-the-road must meet maximum weight criteria. ;Really

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US