Need a fellow OB from jersey to help me with an ebay auction

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994...2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true

Considering buying it for my building maintenance needs. I asked the seller for more pictures but I'd really like a hands on inspection as to whether or not it is ready for service or it needs 1k, 2k, or 3k worth of parts before it is reliable.

It will need to be at the pinnacle of reliability (cold weather starting, good motor and tranny) and I can spend some money on it for sure. Just want it to be worth my time.

Thanks if you can help

Ray

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the thought dieselcrawler.

Not much of a hurry, idk what the reserve is. Might not even sell.

This is more of a want than anything. I am sure you can all understand that. :D

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vans are too miserable to work on.you'd be much further head just setting a utility (open or enclosed,whichever fits your needs) bed on a pickup.
look at that engine compartment.do you really want to be making a repair on that engine?
would be almost as bad as working on a modern diesel truck lol.

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
vans are too miserable to work on.you'd be much further head just setting a utility (open or enclosed,whichever fits your needs) bed on a pickup.
look at that engine compartment.do you really want to be making a repair on that engine?
would be almost as bad as working on a modern diesel truck lol.

ive considered that. i've also considered just buying an 04-05 psd e250-350for about 4-5k.

funny you mention a modern diesel truck, i've looked at many 08-10 f350s and they are cramped as heck.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
That's an hour and a half ride for me. I will just happen to be headed to Jackson this week, tomorrow or Wednesday. The van is about 25 minutes outside of Jackson. Let me know if you are serious about this one....

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
issue with that is she is very busy right now preping to go outa town for the holidays.

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's an hour and a half ride for me. I will just happen to be headed to Jackson this week, tomorrow or Wednesday. The van is about 25 minutes outside of Jackson. Let me know if you are serious about this one....

Not serious enough for you to drive

a hour and a half. Appreciate the though.

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well goose, I do appreciate the offer but after re-reading the auction. You wouldn't be able to start it without significant effort. so please don't spend your time looking at this possible heap.

I will throw a bid down and see what happens. It will have to be a bargain for me to come get it from here.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
if you do get it, for a fee i can go grab it. store at my place till you can get over here.