My New Intake Pics

Exekiel69

Reaction score
ABS Plastic Schedule 40 Pipe has a wide temperature range -40 to 180 F. I also intend to wrap it with reflective insulation which will help maintain the temps.

One of the IC pipes from the 05 psd is plastic so I guess it can be done, now I don't know exactly what material is it but it look like the one You have there. Where did You say You got it from?

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Took a look at the hypermax N/A intake, does it mount in the stock location or does it go into the rad support for forced cool air?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I was always under the impression that the hypermax pulls air from the cowl area, in between the hood and the windshield there. Maybe I'm wrong though :dunno .

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
That beats having it come from the tiny opening between the hood and rad support....I'd like to build a ram air style intake to be fed from a hole in the rad support.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Well,this stuff ain't PolyVinyl Chloride(CH2=CHCl).It is Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene(C8H8· C4H6·C3H3N).Totally different Plastic.ABS has been used to make all kinds of automotive parts for decades.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I have been using for a year now. I've never got water in the filter box, and the dryer duct is starting to show some wear. I'm still tryin to figure out how to get rid of the factory air box and draw in lots of cold air. Any ideas?

Attachments

• pic00.jpg
    pic00.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 80

SKimballC

Reaction score

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool Carl! ;Sweet We will have to see how that plastic holds up over time. Heck, I see a lot of new cars now, have plastic intake manifolds. cookoo Maybe not so crazy, but we'll see. Anyway, good to see you posting again. We've missed you and your family at the last couple of rallies.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my solution- It's a 95-97 PSD exhaust downpipe with the lip cut off and a silicone coupler attaching it to my non-wastegated ATS turbo. On the other end is an AEM Dryflow filter (note: In this pic is just a rice-rocket el cheapo filter from Vatozone. It's since been replaced with a much nicer 9" AEM Dryflow unit)

Attachments

• Intercooler Piping 001.jpg
    Intercooler Piping 001.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 79

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
I know I'm bringing up a way old thread and dont expect the OP to comment, but does any one know how you would hook up the CDR to this set up?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online