Mid 80's 8.2 Detroit, Coolant in fuel

Gary79F250

The Bawston Whalah
Reaction score
I suspect that the engine has slipped a copper, if it has them, Is there anyone on here familiar with these engines, and is it possible to do thee coppers without pulling the heads?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
There is a member here (deepRoots) that works on Detroit's and really seems to know them Well, You can pm Him to bring Him to this post quicker.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
I suspect that the engine has slipped a copper, if it has them, Is there anyone on here familiar with these engines, and is it possible to do thee coppers without pulling the heads?

Do you mean a leaking injector tube :confused:

If so, then the head must come off....the tubes are installed with a special tool that is torqued in to form the copper to the bore and another tool to form the seat on the combustion side.

Gary79F250

The Bawston Whalah
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean injector tubes, Ive always heard of them refered to as coppers here in the NE.:D

I was realy hoping not to have to pull the heads, It's a rusty old plow truck and the things are burried:puke:

Also It's a royal pain in the a$$ to set up the Injectors, doing one isn't bad but all 8 even with the magnetic gauge and the block pin is going to suck, and IIRC the trans has to come out to get access to the flywheel to use the barring tool. Atleast that's what ive seen with the marine engines.

Last edited:

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean injector tubes,

Also It's a royal pain in the a$$ to set up the Injectors, doing one isn't bad but all 8 even with the magnetic gauge and the block pin is going to suck, and IIRC the trans has to come out to get access to the flywheel to use the barring tool. Atleast that's what ive seen with the marine engines.

Ain't never heard of that :confused: just use a starter button clipped to the starter solenoid...

The mag base inj tool is wayy better than the old one with the two cheesy pins that gripped the spring!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online