Mechanical coolant temp gauge

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm puttin in a mechanical gauge, lookin for the best/easiest place to install it. I dont want to disable the over temp light or gauge, so I was thinking about putting the probe where the factory sender is and relocating that one to the port in the waterpump. Or is there another port in the head thats easy to get to?

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I put my mech in the water pump and left the others in place it was easy and gives good results. runs about 198- 200 most of the time.

madcj8

Reaction score
Dwight, what brand guage did you put in? I have a spare autometer laying around, but I'm pretty sure i need an adapter for it to NPT

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Another place is in the drivers side head at the front. There is a plug there that will work and get you a good temp reading.;Sweet

If'n a leave the radiator cap on you woun't loose much coolant either.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Dwight, what brand guage did you put in? I have a spare autometer laying around, but I'm pretty sure i need an adapter for it to NPT
I got mine from a guy selling it local. It is MADE in The USA!!! i may still have some adapters laying around?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I installed mine on the driver side like Ron, the temps are higher there too. I think that if I don't trust the factory temp gauge why would I trust the factory engine temp sensor? I mean, it is supposed to help Me but that is why I have a aftermarket temp gauge with real #.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online