Maybe I just need to chase a wire, but I'm new to PSDs, and have a brake light issue

JesterPgh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just brought this thing home, and I knew as soon as we hooked up the rear lights that I only had one brake light. Before I start chasing wires, could this be something crazy? I don't know a whole lot about these things yet, it's a 97 Cab/Chassis 4x4, and I had to install rear lights because I didn't get it with a bed. If I just need to chase wires, then that's what I'll do. If it's something else, then I dunno what I'm going to do. Thanks!

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it could be a wire or the multi function switch on the column.you can remove the multi function switch and take it apart to clean the contacts inside.or you can buy a new one at autozone for 40.00.but check the wiring first,but i havent seen a wire problem from the firewall to the bed on any of the trucks ive owned or worked on.

JesterPgh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just took your recommendation, and it was indeed the multi function switch. I cleaned it up, put it back in, and all lighting is running proper. Thank you SO much for saving me a lot of headaches. I sincerely appreciate it, as I would have been chasing wires otherwise.