marine injectors

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
I bought some nozzels the other day that were advertised as "marine". I got them in yesterday and finally got to do some comparison today. Stock 6.2 short body injectors are coded 253, stock 6.2 long bodies are 248, and stock 6.5's are 304. These marine nozzels are coded 311... I've been running stock 6.2 short bodies for a few years now and thought it was time to upgrade. On my homemade poptester it appears that the marines flow nearly twice as much as stock 6.2's!!:eek:

The nozzels came with everything needed to install them. The "crush" washer and the copper washer for in the head came along with 8 idividual packaged Bosch nozzels.

Now if I could just find an good IP combo to push 500HP worth of fuel...

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
Yep. I just bought the nozzels and installed them in my old bodies, but the seller offers complete assemblies for $120 more. Seller is Texasparts on ebay.

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
I didn't end up getting any pics, but they look just like normal injectors. I got them installed today and was pleasantly surprised. I can't say how many HP I gained, but it was enough more fuel to create a slight smoke haze at full throttle. Before there was none... I'd definately say it was worth the $150.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't end up getting any pics, but they look just like normal injectors. I got them installed today and was pleasantly surprised. I can't say how many HP I gained, but it was enough more fuel to create a slight smoke haze at full throttle. Before there was none... I'd definately say it was worth the $150.
I thought there was something you had to do like swap out internals. Wtih that turbo you should have enough air to keep those injectors busy.;Sweet I am trying to figure out why my new rebuilt motor bent all their pushrods on one cylinder bank and not the other. Once that's solved, I gotta go see what it can do:D

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
Yeah, ya caught me on that internal swap. I always seem to get in too big of a hurry and forget the camera for vital stuff like that. I have other injectors I can get pics of though. I've got another turbo on the way... I'm not sure, but with the fuel rate I have in mind I don't think that the HY will cut it.

What side did your pushrods bend on? I've had trouble before with a bent pushrod here or there as a result of the great plastic rocker arm retainers, but not that many at once.

Hambone

Reaction score
Where can i find another set of these "marine injectors" and can i run them in a n/a 6.2? thanks

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
You can find them on ebay and most 6.5 vendors have them too. You can run them in a NA6.2, but it would be cheaper to use stock nozzels. Without a turbo you can't utilize the fuel output of the marine units anyways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online