Manual TC Lockup Switch wiring?

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
This is my setup for a manual TC lockup. Ok, after making a 100 round trip drive, I have found a flaw in my setup. I have the three way switch wired as shown below (excuse the third grade style paint job)

You must be registered for see images attach

I wanted it to be in Auto or normal operation in the top setting, unlocked in the middle and locked in the bottom. What I ended up with is the top two settings unlocking the TC and the bottom locking it. What do I need to do to get it the way I want it? The links I have read so far have sorta confused me. I could leave it the way it is but would rather have AUTO, OFF and ON settings. If I need to be more clear let me know and I wil try....

Thanks
Thad

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert on this, but it's my understanding that if you don't want to throw a code, the computer has to "see" the torque converter all the time, so you can't "disconnect" it. That said however, all you need to do is swap in an equivelent load when you swap out the TC. So ideally, you would have the torque converter wired to the center pole, and then the computer to one side, and the necessary ground or bat+ (not sure which is required) to the opposite pole. The thing to remember about toggle switches like this, is the pair with connectivity will be the pair opposite the direction the switch is thrown.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Thanks, I ended up going with a two way switch....it just made things more simple....

Thad