Make the AC better!!!

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In addition to cleaning out the blower, check the actual vents. Mine had a mouse nest in the driver’s side!

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
My RV had (vacant) mud wasp nests. Thankfully the blower box on the older vans are stupidly easy to access because it's like they stuck it on at the last minute, in the leg area of the passenger side right out in the open. You take out a bunch of screws from the box's cover and you're inside to the fan and resistor. Because it had one in there laying in the bottom. They were rattling around in the vents too from falling off the sides.

eldonderino

Reaction score
What are you're pressures? If the blower were weak or a vent blocked you would be seeing lower than ideal pressures. Unless it's a weak blower and overcharged at the same time.

Poor compression on the compressor would give you low head pressure and high suction pressure.

Last edited:

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
So small update, haven't had a chance to check pressures yet, but I checked the vacuum diaphragm that sits on top of the hvac box under the hood, it holds vacuum, but the line itself does nothing at all settings. How does it operate?

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The defrosters are the default setting and will be enabled if NO Vacuum is present. You should feel air through the defrosters no matter what setting you have. Make sure you are getting vacuum to the vacuum diaphragm.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
The defrosters are the default setting and will be enabled if NO Vacuum is present. You should feel air through the defrosters no matter what setting you have. Make sure you are getting vacuum to the vacuum diaphragm.
I have manual control hvac, so I have two mechanical cables, one for the blend door, one for which vents it blows out of, then the physical button to turn the ac on and off. Then I have another lever just for fresh air or recirculation.

My dad's truck has the one you're referring to, where it's the one vac slider then a temp lever.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnlx

Members online