Magnets?

wmoguy

Reaction score
After having a fellow OB'er text me some pics inside his Injection Pump (Fuel shutoff solenoid) and seeing a bunch of metal shavings on it I decided I need more filtering.
I have a PA Biodiesel centrifuge setup and am running 20% Diesel/80% WMO. I heat the oil and filter it 8 passes before running it in the pickups. Thus far, since I've done that I haven't clogged a filter (knock on wood)

I just bought 4 each. 6" x 2" x 1" Magnets I plan to just drop down in my 55 gallon steel mixing tank. I'm hoping it will pick out more particles of metal in which the WMO has in it.

Has anyone else tried doing this? If so, did you look at your magnets after a few hundred gallons have been filtered out?

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanna get one of those pabiodiesel cf's like what you've got, the magnet idea I thought about as well.
I had a magnet from a big speaker a friend of mine gave me. I used on the outside of the first filter that the wmo went through, was gonna cut the filter in half and look at what it caught, never did, changed the setup.
I think it's a good idea, just adds another "filtering device".