looking to get back into the WMO life

kevstar1212

Reaction score
Hey guys looking at getting back into the wmo life. I used to have a 12v I ran on wmo. Ran decent on it but it always hazed and I assumed it was coking. I’ve read that IDI’s are the best running fewest issues. Found a good deal on a clean 94, auto turbo . I really wanted an 5 speed but this truck seems the best for the money. How well do these autos hold up ? It is supposedly rebuilt and “ heavy duty “ shifts firm and the previous PO had it setup to pull a car trailer. But has no paperwork. Also Just curious what all I need to do to run this off wmo as problem free as possible. I’ve already got the fuge setup and probably about 800-1000 gals of oil that’s been sitting for about 2 years now since I last was running Wmo. Anything else I need to watch for with these trucks? Mainly just looking for a fuel saver, to drive around when I’m not needing to drive my Big service truck. Pull trailers occasionally but necessary a big deal of it doesn’t pull great. I e got other trucks to do that with.

kevstar1212

Reaction score
Also what’s best mix to run ? I had planned on running around 85 wmo and 15 Rug ( ethanol free) Most of my wmo has various amount of heating fuel and diesel already in it to thin it down. I would like to be more consistent , would I be best to measure the viscosity and keep it within a certain range ? If so do I need a special hydrometer ? Or will the 30$ one on amazon work ?

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a bedtime tee. When I had my kids I never used one. I always just mixed in 15% rug to whatever I was centrifuging. Throw some magnets in your processing tank and clean you’ll be good to go

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online