Little update on my PSD

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, It's been 3 weeks since I got the free non runner running and driving, 3400 miles, a GPR, belt and fuel filter later, it's a good solid reliable truck.
Got rid of the cap and used up some of the spare parts I had laying around.
Still have some body work to do, but, it's coming along nicely.

What I brought home:
You must be registered for see images attach

Now:
You must be registered for see images attach

It's averaging around the 20 us mpg mark, runs good, drives good, and flat out beats the pants off of my old 00 S/D F250 with the 7.3/ZF6, better mileage and power, and it has around 65,000 more miles on it. I never, ever got better than 16.5 US out of the 00.
My Cummins, we won't go there... Mileage is about the same, power is better up high on the stroker, the cummins of course has the big dumb torque down low, but, it's also not stock, the PSD is.
But, most importantly, the ZF probably isn't going to self destruct like the 2 getrags I've put through the Dodge have.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy Bill told me if I could get it running I could have it...
He figured the HPOP was dead, ended up being a fried ECM.
Truck as of September had 2 new Cat batteries, new starter, alternator, ball joints, clutch is a 2 year, 10,000 mile old SMF conversion...
It came with an E350 for parts too... Spare engine... LOL

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
My buddy Bill told me if I could get it running I could have it...
He figured the HPOP was dead, ended up being a fried ECM.
Truck as of September had 2 new Cat batteries, new starter, alternator, ball joints, clutch is a 2 year, 10,000 mile old SMF conversion...
It came with an E350 for parts too... Spare engine... LOL

WOW. Your friend must not be too bright to give away a 3500 truck that needed what he thought was a 500 part. Good score

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He's a Cat mechanic... Plenty smart, just to him the truck was a $500 beater he bought about 6 years back, and it had more than outlived what he had invested in it, his idea of normal maintenance is 1000/yr, so, what he put into it last fall was more than allowable. He just really didn't feel like changing the HPOP outside in -30, or fighting the one out of the van to replace it with, so he let it sit as it wasn't needed immediately, and the he replaced it with another $500 beater, Cummins this time, a 96 with a cracked t-case.

He too got the PSD as a non runner, it had bent all the pushrods due to loading up from being at low idle for too many hours in the winter, and a shop had looked at it, replaced them, and installed the new ones against the block instead of on the lifters, and told the owner the cam was done....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online