Little late, but still

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been here for a month but never really bothered to say hi. Got my idi, leaked some fuel blew a starter and been chugging along.

Where to start.. Just turned 26, area sales manager for staples in Pittsburgh, big hockey fan, just a normal redneck from western pa for the most part. Lefty. Haha this is weird so we'll just get to the trucks lol..

I grew up in a family where my grandfather on my mothers side owned a garage for 30 years and was VERY overly preventative and overly cautious with his cars. When he retired he got the truck in my signature "Fred" which is a 1990 F150 custom 300 straight six with a T18 and 4.10 gears. Not fast, but so fun to drive and with the gearing it drives like a real peppy v8 it is gorgeous.

You must be registered for see images attach

As you can tell in my signature it has no miles for its age, and I don't have a picture of the engine but it's like new. He never drove it in winter and under coated it, and I won't even drive it in rain if I can help it and it gets the garage all winter. It's babied, I learned to drive in it and there is way too much sentimental value with it. I added the cab and running board lights and fog lights which he always wanted to do before he passed.

The second member is Hank. My car has 200k and Fred doesn't drive in winter or to work so I wanted a 3rd vehicle and something to beat in winter so I found another 300-6 Manual 4x4 which are awesome and got it with a 250 suspension dual tanks 8ft bed and working ac, with a brand new m5od and all original engine. It's ugly but I've put 20k on it since I got it and it's smooth as butter. I added a cap and lights in the cap with a power inverter and various items..

Then after seeing how reliable these two were and how well Hank ran being wayyy more driven then Fred I couldn't fight the urge to own a diesel. Always wanted one, but if I was going to own a 4th vehicle counting my car, it had to be exactly what I wanted and I always wanted an extended cab or crew cab truck and a diesel, but I won't drive an auto and I didn't want a 300k mile truck so I got extremely lucky in finding Ernest. 106k original miles, crew cab, ZF5, really weird paint job, and outside of sitting for 3 years (though it was still driven some, owner passed away and family that could drive stick still took it for rides) the engine purrs and you can tell there is all sorts of pep and life there. Had some fuel leaking issues and blew a starter but 6000 miles in I'm in love with driving it. 20-21 mpg from a quad cab long bed, and that school bus deep slow idle is just awesome. I've done some stuff to it with a second dome light and some odds and ends but it's just mostly awesome as is.

Here's to rumbling around on the roads with everyone!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online