LED mirror lights

Highridge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found these LEDS at walmart for $7 each. Ive always wanted turn signals on the mirrors like the new trucks have plus vehicle lights are a little hobby of mine so I put them on. Took about 2 hours per side since I had to disassemble both doors and mirrors completely and then run wires to the front turn signals. I think it looks great at night though.

Attachments

• DSCI0314.jpg
    DSCI0314.jpg
    702.3 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCI0313.jpg
    DSCI0313.jpg
    903.7 KB · Views: 12

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
That looks pretty good. I would like the led mirrors too. I did see a 95 F-350 with the newer super duty twin post mirrors on it. I'm curious as to how hard that would be to do.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good!!

I put a set of dual-direction mirror-mount turn signals on my old Scout; looked like this:
You must be registered for see images attach

I thought about doing something similar to your setup with my truck, but I don't like the fact that that setup can't be seen from the rear....so, someone who's behind your mirror but in front of your tail light won't be able to see your signal. My reason for doing this on the Scout was that I was tired of seeing people jump into a space that I was about to merge into, and I don't want them to have any excuse for not seeing me LOL (like it actually makes a difference cookoo ), and I also think it looks cool :angel:

I'm going to put something similar to what my Scout had on my truck someday; I've even got the wires run for it already. I just haven't been in a position to justify the $$ for a nice set of LED lights...

Highridge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I wanted something that could be seen from the rear too, but I've got that covered with my lightbar -

Attachments

• dsc1245.jpg
    dsc1245.jpg
    902.1 KB · Views: 11

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
That looks pretty good. I would like the led mirrors too. I did see a 95 F-350 with the newer super duty twin post mirrors on it. I'm curious as to how hard that would be to do.

I am not sure how they would have mounted the mirror on the door, unless it is an aftermarket look-alike. The SuperDuty mirriors mount with, I believe 3 bolts, in the area where the vent window would be on the pre SuperDuty trucks. I do have to say though, the twin tube factory towing mirrors are very nice. They will extend out and you can see around the trailer without any problems, and they have a large, flat mirror in the top and a parabolic in the bottom, I have mine adjusted so that I can see the entire blind spot on each side, and most vehicles are visible out the drivers window before they are out of the mirror.

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score

Like this?

That would be so cool! I dont care what anyone else says, that is just plain sweet.
I wouldnt mind them cause I never use the vent window anyways and I forgot about the small parabolic mirror on the bottom!

I remember looking them up for prices, and they're very expensive new. But I'd imagine cheaper on e-bay, CL, junk yards, etc....

ON EDIT: I just looked up on car-part.com and manual ones are upwards of $150 and some on the way towards $200.....A SIDE!!!! I think thats expensive, maybe cause our metal ones are only like $30 a piece :D

Last edited:

Highridge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good!!

I put a set of dual-direction mirror-mount turn signals on my old Scout; looked like this:

I like this idea too. I never even thought of using those type of lights. I think they would look great mounted underneath the mirror.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like this idea too. I never even thought of using those type of lights. I think they would look great mounted underneath the mirror.
The only issue I had was that the frame on the lights I bought was plastic...and easily susceptible to damage. There are lights in this style with a metal frame, though....that's what I'm planning to get when I do my truck. Like I said, I just haven't been able to justify the price yet...they're not cheap, but tiehy're worth every penny IMHO ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin