Just a lil' gloating

janos1

That's gonna hurt
Reaction score
HEY EVERYBODY!!!! I just picked this up for a song. Not really, I can't sing so I gave him $900. instead.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

It needed a serious bath and a couple injectors. But I should have it going soon.

Oh, it has gooseneck rails in the floor, 100 gal tank in rear, airbags for the rear axle, 12 disc CD changer and a Kicker amp and good hides all around.

How'd I do?

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
Wow thats awesome! I thought my dad got a deal. He just picked up a 96 reg cab long bed. Mint condition never towed or hauled anything with 180,000 and sat in a bran with a new paint for a yr. He paid 5 grand. Retail on this thing 7,500. But you stole that beauty!!!!

janos1

That's gonna hurt
Reaction score
Update:

Well here's the down side to my deal. I began the task of changing the oil.......And........ found out that there was a LOT of water from sitting without a valve cover in place.:puke: So, tomorrow is take the motor out and clean the pan day. *silver lining* I will get to see the condition of the clutch and other stuff. As well as change the rear main and pilot bearing while I'm there.;Really

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Sweet! Great lookin truck! Even with the prob you found, $900 is still a steal. Keep us posted;Sweet

janos1

That's gonna hurt
Reaction score
That's the bummer. 386K miles, but I am looking around for a core to build another. I figure that a couple grand in a fresh motor is far cheaper than a payment EVERY month.

rthomas

Reaction score
If your pulling the motor you might just overhaul it while your at it, I cant imagine rings, berings, oil pump and a valve job would set you back too much.

janos1

That's gonna hurt
Reaction score
If your pulling the motor you might just overhaul it while your at it, I cant imagine rings, bearings, oil pump and a valve job would set you back too much.

At this point in time it would. I need to get it running because I have other issues to address.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man that's a nice looking truck. Great deal no matter what it takes to make it run.
Oh, and it only takes $550 to fill it up. ;Sweet :D

In Ohio here, Pilot $4.159 cash, Flying J $4.159 cash, credit was $4.259 both places.

Speedway $4.059 cash or credit. All three were at Beaverdamn truck stops on I-75. Guess where I filled up. :D :D :D ;Sweet

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online