Is this price for real on Kubota tractors?

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think? Everytime I look up Kubota or John Deere on Ebay to look at tractors, I see a prominent ad at the top selling one of these tractors for an impossibly low price. The auctions usually only last 1 or 2 days. The seller always has a different name, yet the ads all have the same "look" and wording to them.

Check this one out, tractor is being sold for ~1/4th of what it's worth:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11756&item=7504048850&rd=1

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
I would say it is a con. What sounds to good to be true is to good to be true.
Ebay has a lot of spams going on. The people are taking picture of items that sold and posting them and selling them .Some people are able to remember seeing the same tractor listed beeing resold in a different state but eh picture have the exact same background

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking for a compact John Deere 4x4 about 2 months ago. There was a similar ad with an impossible price: $5,000 for a JD compact worth over $15,000. I emailed the guy and he respoded. Said he was in "Italy" (yeah, right) and that he would ship the tractor to me from his home in the US for FREE!

It sounded to unbelievable, so I never responded.

This ad looks similar.

Why wouldn't Ebay intervene? Doesn't their management recognize this?

Whit

Reaction score
I see on his other adds he is in Summerville, SC, I logged in and tried to place a bid for $5.00 and it says I have to e-mail him to get pre approved so maybe he just wants your e-mail address for a bunch of spam crap :confused:

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that's what it is because after I responded to the guy with the really cheap Deere for sale, I got got a lot of internet related problems.

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SCAM!!!! It also happens with snowmobiles. Alot of scammers are stealing others ebay names and hacking into them to sell an item that they do not even have. They even steal others pics and whole auctions then reprice cheap and redirect the money :puke:

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is their alterior motive? To steal $3,500 bucks? Sounds kinda dangerous...like serious jail time if caught.

Still can't believe Ebay management isn't doing anything about it.

This guy has 3 or 4 auctions for Kubotas selling for 1/4 to 1/10th of their value.

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ones that I saw had the money getting westerned unioned to another country after the auction. The identity in the listed auction was made up to hide the fact that it was an out of the country scam. Also the item could be stolen, I would venture to say that a third of the items are :eek:

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe that's why the guy I emailed said he was from "Italy", but the Deere was in CT, USA???

It would be funny to email the seller of one of these tractors and ask for a serial number. Wonder if you'd get an answer? LOL

rmyers2051

KV8OOA
Reaction score
I listed a $35k saw for sale twice with a reserve. First auction got close to the 18k reserve but the second one didn't make 12k. I also had a phone number listed there just for potential questions. One of the bidders in the second auction emailed and ask if the second chance offer I sent him was for real, he knew the reserve after he bid and the second chance was only for 10k. The "seller" who offered him the second chance instructed him to send a cashiers check and the machine would go out on a flat bed to him the day the check came in. I immediatly contacted ebay, who said they had already received some info on someone doing this on another auction. Best I ever heard is he never got caught because no one would send him any bait money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online