injector top loose and coolant flush

crewd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, new here. Working on my newly purchased 95 Dually with 225k miles which has fuel in the coolant. Oil is fine. So I am replacing the injector cups and injector orings. This is first time working on a diesel. I pulled all the injectors, not too difficult. Nozzles are intact and look okay. One of the injector tops with the four little screws was loose. Can I just tighten the screws and be fine with some threadlock? The engine ran fine, no smoke, no knock. But I did not scan for any codes.

After I get the parts I am waiting on (USPS!?#?) I need to do a coolant flush. Coolant has already been drained, but alot of slimy residue and rubber bits are still in the radiator and the injector bores (without cups). Any tips for that? Obviously I am replacing the upper/lower/heater hoses as well.

Thanks.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where abouts in NE Ohio are you at? Rosewood diesel in Chardon Oh is a good place for parts. Don't use any Loctite on the screws for the coil, if you do use only the Green Loctite.

http://www.rosewooddieselshop.com/

Last edited:

crewd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, I missed this as the notifications went to spam folder.

Yes, I bought the injector cup tools from Rosewood diesel. Also asked him about the injector, and he confirms same thing just tighten by hand with no threadlock.

Thanks.