Injector O-rings

wanderer

Obtuse Degenerate
Reaction score
Thought I would post on this board about my injector problem this week. The o-rings on my baby swamps gave out, and they were replaced by swamps diesel tuesday evening. Apparently the o-rings that have been used are of an inferior quality, by Bean, and Swamps. They both have changed suppliers. The old o-rings have an expected life expectancy of around 25,000 miles. That's not acceptable in my opinion, and it has been remedied by the 2 local injector builders here in my area. My injectors were installed about 2 years ago by myself, and when I showed up at Swamps, they jumped right on the truck, and pulled all 8 injectors, and waved me out the door when I tried to pay them. I was impressed. I don't know when they changed suppliers of the o-rings, but those of you with these injectors need to be aware of this problem. My symptoms started with a longer crank time at start up, and it got progressively longer. I ended up having a no start situation, which was remedied by filling the HPOP reservoir, disconnecting the glow plug relay, and using ether to get it started.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I'm around 35-40K on my injectors right now. Will have to see if I develope a problem.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and when I showed up at Swamps, they jumped right on the truck, and pulled all 8 injectors, and waved me out the door when I tried to pay them. I was impressed.

;Sweet That's good stuff there.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
I put 10k on them in the first truck, then when I switched them to the new truck I put ford ones on , so I should be OK.

Swamps showed great customer service again :)

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Thought I would post on this board about my injector problem this week. The o-rings on my baby swamps gave out, and they were replaced by swamps diesel tuesday evening. Apparently the o-rings that have been used are of an inferior quality, by Bean, and Swamps. They both have changed suppliers. The old o-rings have an expected life expectancy of around 25,000 miles. That's not acceptable in my opinion, and it has been remedied by the 2 local injector builders here in my area. My injectors were installed about 2 years ago by myself, and when I showed up at Swamps, they jumped right on the truck, and pulled all 8 injectors, and waved me out the door when I tried to pay them. I was impressed. I don't know when they changed suppliers of the o-rings, but those of you with these injectors need to be aware of this problem. My symptoms started with a longer crank time at start up, and it got progressively longer. I ended up having a no start situation, which was remedied by filling the HPOP reservoir, disconnecting the glow plug relay, and using ether to get it started.

:thanks: Blair for the first person info :hail

And yes I too am impressed ;Sweet

Where ya been man :cheers:

wanderer

Obtuse Degenerate
Reaction score
:thanks: Blair for the first person info :hail

And yes I too am impressed ;Sweet

Where ya been man :cheers:

Chasing ****-tang:D Got one who seems to have slowed me down a bit lately. Could be a bad thing for me, who knows:angel:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online