Injector cap o-ring replacement

glowplug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replacing O-rings on injectors caps my 92 7.3 IDI at F-350 the one right by the fuel filter looks like it has some kind of on top of the cap how do I get that off

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

glowplug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replacing O-rings on injectors caps my 92 7.3 IDI at F-350 the one right by the fuel filter looks like it has some kind of on top of the cap how do I get that off

Extension on top of the clap before the metal fuel line the screwed onto it

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it just unscrews like the fuel line. Be sure to put it back on afterwards though.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That is the special timing fitting found on many 7.3 engines. It was used to time when the original Ford timing meter was used. Some still have the protective plastic cover on them too. They are the same size as the hard line nut so be sure to use a backup wrench under the fitting so the injector does not loosen up when you remove it... Be especially sure to re install it or all your timing will be way off. There is a way to remove this fitting but.. you need the hard line from the van engines because they do not have this fitting on the number one cylinder like our truck engines have.. On the vans this fitting is found on the number 4 cylinder. No matter what you do the original line length must be kept the same.
Note about cylinder arrangement. All cylinders on the drivers side are even and on the passenger side they are odd numbered. From the radiator back they are numbered 1,3,5,7 on passenger and 2,4,6,8 on the drivers side.

glowplug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the special timing fitting found on many 7.3 engines. It was used to time when the original Ford timing meter was used. Some still have the protective plastic cover on them too. They are the same size as the hard line nut so be sure to use a backup wrench under the fitting so the injector does not loosen up when you remove it... Be especially sure to re install it or all your timing will be way off. There is a way to remove this fitting but.. you need the hard line from the van engines because they do not have this fitting on the number one cylinder like our truck engines have.. On the vans this fitting is found on the number 4 cylinder. No matter what you do the original line length must be kept the same.
Note about cylinder arrangement. All cylinders on the drivers side are even and on the passenger side they are odd numbered. From the radiator back they are numbered 1,3,5,7 on passenger and 2,4,6,8 on the drivers side.
Thank you vary much