in need of a dash bezel for my 92

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Hey guys, does anyone know where I can get eather a new, or decent used bash bezel for my 92? I have a near mint one off a 93 gasser. I may just use it, but some of the idiot lights arent the same. I know LMC, but I wanna enjoy my tax money!

:draw

82fordtruck

Reaction score
What's wrong with your old one? I'll repair it using the gasser one for parts if I can, you just pay shipping. Or, ship me your old one, and pay the charge at the junkyard, and I'll still repair yours using one from a local yard.

I need to write an article for this, so until I do, I'll fix this free, just let me know.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
82fordtruck said:
What's wrong with your old one? I'll repair it using the gasser one for parts if I can, you just pay shipping. Or, ship me your old one, and pay the charge at the junkyard, and I'll still repair yours using one from a local yard.

I need to write an article for this, so until I do, I'll fix this free, just let me know.

A lot of the small clips for the bezel on my '91 Fall of easily. I intend to superglue them into place.

Wish there were a way to silence the squeaks on the '87-'91 dashes... I suspect cleaning all the clips and their insertion points on the dash would help, then following up with a little grease to moderate the plastic to metal clip contact.

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
that would be great. What happened is (im asuming) the truck is from wyoming, n ya'll get some pretty good heat out that way right? well the plastic tips to hold it in the dash are just bout all broke off, and the WTS, light panel tabs are broke off, same with my fuel selector switch tabs. So it rattles sumthin bad goin down the road, but thanks to the wifey's hair thingy it isnt so bad, but id like to get that purple hair scrunchy decoration outta my truck. LOL
Think u can really fix it?? I'll send both of em to ya if ya want. let me know what ya wanna do, or what ya think I should do. I got a dremel tool to cut out the WTS, light panel on the gasser one. But the idiot lights arent like the ol' Chevy's, cant just pop out the plastic and change em over.

It'll be a lil bit before I can send em too. Ive been laid off sence Oct. n the Job market sucks here! Im just gettin started with a new job so it'll a few weeks yet.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
Yeah, I can really fix it. I've done a few now. They're about $300 at the ford dealer, so I decided to go for broke and do mine. Mine was electronics problems.

OK, here's the deal, if you need the back plate, you've got to get if off a tach model. I don't think it has to be diesel, but I never got my hands on a gasser one with a tach.

Hopefully, someone on here has a junk one and can offer the white piece on the back. I can get them all day long for about $50 here, or if you can find one there, send them both.

So does anyone have a parts cluster to offer up?

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
If all that is wrong with your dash bezel is the fuel selector switch and wait to start light cluster is broke loose just go to your auto parts store and get some epoxy gel and epoxy them back in place thats what I did

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
93turbo_animal said:
If all that is wrong with your dash bezel is the fuel selector switch and wait to start light cluster is broke loose just go to your auto parts store and get some epoxy gel and epoxy them back in place thats what I did
ditto.
my tank selector switch was epoxied back in place, oh...... 7 years ago?

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
82ford... I didnt mean the guage cluster, sorry. Im refering to the black plastic trim piece that goes around everything, n holds the selector switch, n such. Im goign outside to fix a door jamb light issue, n sence its a nice day, I'll get some pics for all to see.

turboanimal.... Its not just the tank switch, n WTS panel, the mounting tabs that hold the bezel inplace on the dash are broke as well. Im going to spend a few hours outside workin on the truck today so maybe I'll just swap bezels, if I can find a hot glue gun to swap idiot light panels.

But like I said I'll get some pics so everyone can see.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
whoops. I wondered why it was that big a deal, those clusters will just sit in there without rattiling.

Someone fought that thing getting it off. A new one is the best way to go, I bet they're less than $10 at a salvage yard.

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
yeah, there pretty cheap at my local junkyards, got lots of em, BUT.... finding a diesel is the hard part finding 92-97 BS diesel is even harder! I do need to make some phonecalls, Im waiting for my confermation e-mail from webshots so I can post my pics I just took. so in the mean time im going to make some calls.

I can just cut out the section for my WTS panel, BUT, the left side idiot lights are different. and not changable. My diesel bezel has a fuel reset, and batt. whereas, the gasser has theft, and airbag/seatbelts.
Got a handy idea for that fuel reset light deal when I put in an electric pump, and oil press. safety. :Sly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online