IH water pump is done

fordtuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wasn't too bad of a project.other than I had to use A LOT water because my block plugs won't come out, ended up twisting off a extension head in one.
The part I'm most impressed with is while I was in there I replaced the CPS with a ih bought one, dark blue with purple oring. It's like driving a different truck. So far no more random shut downs, way noticeably quiter and oddly enough, it shifts smoother.my wife even noticed the sound and shift difference. Also used to be when was off the accelerator coming to a stop the engine would like loaf or "hunt ", no more, all smooth .

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lot's and lot's of controversy about these CPS. Just seems like whatever color of one that works the best is the one to use. There is a few thousands difference in the length between the three. Couple yrs. back I seen a special tool to set the CPS, IIRC it was from OTC. The distance from the end of the CPS to the cam gear, with all the tolarances added up, to me is going to make a hugh difference in timing. Ya know, you can actually use a CPS for a tack sensor on an IDI? Here is IH P/N for them.
BLACK 1825899
GRAY 1876735C91
BLUE/PURPLE 1876736C91

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online